• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I have finally decided on the trigger for my 10/22 take down. I had the opportunity to try a Ruger BX, Kidd and Timney. I even installed and tried the original that came in the gun that had been worked over by a 10/22 aficionado gunsmith. The Timney will be the one. It is well built, breaks like glass and has a 2.5lb pull. I now have 500 rounds through the gun with this trigger group and it has run like the proverbial Timex watch. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I have heard and read way too much before trying them myself. I was lucky to have access to others for a hands on evaluation. What’s your favorite and why?
    ARJ Defense ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here is an existing thread to peruse while waiting for replies....

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I have a KIDD complete Supergrade rifle purchased years ago, one of my best, favorite rifles. It has an excellent 2-stage drop-in trigger setup, really the best trigger in my collection. I also installed a KIDD single-stage trigger kit into my Ruger Takedown, also an excellent trigger as well.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I purchased my 10/22 in Houston for about $45 back in 1978 or 79. Over the years the stock and sights have been changed. Several times a trigger replacement was considered but I couldn't decide which one to get. The Timney seems to be a good choice.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I purchased my 10/22 in Houston for about $45 back in 1978 or 79. Over the years the stock and sights have been changed. Several times a trigger replacement was considered but I couldn't decide which one to get. The Timney seems to be a good choice.
    Let me know if you get a trigger upgrade and want to sell the original trigger assembly from your 70’s gun.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

You’re close to owning the rifle equivalent of George Washington’s hatchet…the handle and head have been replaced a few times, and the cover was lost long ago. But it’s otherwise original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nairb2580

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    I have finally decided on the trigger for my 10/22 take down. I had the opportunity to try a Ruger BX, Kidd and Timney. I even installed and tried the original that came in the gun that had been worked over by a 10/22 aficionado gunsmith. The Timney will be the one. It is well built, breaks like glass and has a 2.5lb pull. I now have 500 rounds through the gun with this trigger group and it has run like the proverbial Timex watch. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I have heard and read way too much before trying them myself. I was lucky to have access to others for a hands on evaluation. What’s your favorite and why?
    How was the BX? Ive thought about getting one for mine but not real sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I installed Volquartsen parts in my 22/45 many years ago so when building a 10/22 project I went back to them for a tune-up kit (hammer, bushings, shims, hammer strut spring, adjustable trigger shoe, trigger plunger and spring, sear, disconnector, disconnector spring, bolt buffer, and automatic bolt release) for $130. Installation is simple and trigger pull went from 6.5 lbs to 3 lbs on my Lyman gauge.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    It seems that the favorite by far over on Rimfire Central is the Kidd; many prefer the 2-stage. They can be set up in a variety of weights. I have one on a 10-22, and I am very impressed.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have a Volk. hammer in one, a BX in one and a DIY in two rifles. I actually like the DIY as well or better than the other 2, they are set at approx. 3-1/2# as opposed to about 2# on the other 2. They just some how have a better feel to them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom