• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I guess they can set up municipal elections any way they please, but if it were me, I'd be on tap-dancing on someone's desk to have a one man-one vote system restored.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i cant even wrap my brian around this.

holy crap guys.

if you dont see that our republic is on its last leg you need to get your eyes checked.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    So let me get this straight. A judge wants to get less white people elected in a certain area. . . .so his bright idea is to give everyone 6 votes instead of 1? Or is it just to non-white people? The first option probably won't change anything (and you start to wonder about the judge's mental status), and the second option is downright racist (ok the premise of the whole thing is racist, but whatever).

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    So let me get this straight. A judge wants to get less white people elected in a certain area. . . .so his bright idea is to give everyone 6 votes instead of 1? Or is it just to non-white people? The first option probably won't change anything (and you start to wonder about the judge's mental status), and the second option is downright racist (ok the premise of the whole thing is racist, but whatever).

It looks like six votes to everyone. What he is hoping will happen is that since six people will be elected that whites will distribute the votes among more than one person and the hispanics will band together and each cast all six of their votes for the same person or people to get them in.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Judge should be fired and charged with tampering with the ballots. There is absolutely ZERO reason to do this from a traditional 1 vote system other than to mitigate voting for a particular candidate or candidates. This is tampering with the absolute FOUNDATION of this country by a single person.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Judge should be fired and charged with tampering with the ballots. There is absolutely ZERO reason to do this from a traditional 1 vote system other than to mitigate voting for a particular candidate or candidates. This is tampering with the absolute FOUNDATION of this country by a single person.

Agreed.

Top Bottom