• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    You need to read the entire article. Prior to the shooting at the church he was involved in a drive-by shooting and shooting at another person. Involved in a high speed chase, wrecked his vehicle, and escaped from the manhunt and hid in the church Sat nite. Found by the preacher who was armed and was holding him for police. Got distracted and the shooter got the preachers handgun and killed him and shot the other guy. Followed by another chase.

Clif's notes for those who didn't read the article, just scanned it.
    I was up early yesterday...all those details came in bits and pieces over a few hours. MOST first reports were titled CHURCH SHOOTING...the details of what kind came along with several updates.
    ARJ Defense ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'm afraid the media will turn this into "See, owning guns is dangerous and will get you killed".

Bozz10mm,

OWNING/CARRYING a gun IS DANGEROUS, IF the person is UNTRAINED and/or IS UNWILLING to use the firearm for self-defense & other lawful purposes, if necessary.

yours, satx

Last edited:

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I don't know if you can be sure if you can use a weapon even if you carry one. I carry one sometimes, and I think under the right circumstances I could use it. If my life or the life of my wife, kids or grand children are being seriously threatened, I could and would use it. Not sure I would in some other circumstances.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You need to read the entire article. Prior to the shooting at the church he was involved in a drive-by shooting and shooting at another person. Involved in a high speed chase, wrecked his vehicle, and escaped from the manhunt and hid in the church Sat nite. Found by the preacher who was armed and was holding him for police. Got distracted and the shooter got the preachers handgun and killed him and shot the other guy. Followed by another chase.

Clif's notes for those who didn't read the article, just scanned it.

avvidclif,

The local news media reported that it was a "church shooting", that there were "fatalities" & LITTLE more detail than that.

yours, satx

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I don't know if you can be sure if you can use a weapon even if you carry one. I carry one sometimes, and I think under the right circumstances I could use it. If my life or the life of my wife, kids or grand children are being seriously threatened, I could and would use it. Not sure I would in some other circumstances.
    Yeah. There are SOME times when a measured tone and willingness to retreat may be the best option. Too close to someone and this can happen...

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    It all came from the article in the first post.
    It did NOT. The article posted here yesterday...it was updated several times yesterday, and if you'll read it, was updated as late as almost 6am today...all the info you see in the article linked in post #l WAS NOT in the article then...was added in yesterday and as late as 6am today. All day yesterday most of the media on the net and the TV called it a church shooting and had bits and parts of the info you now see in the link. No telling how many times the link OP posted yesterday has been added to or corrected, as they find things out. Confusing when you miss all the changes, but it gives you "the latest" instead of the "first reports"...

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Ok, Ok. I looked at the time frame and the first post was posted on Sun but I didn't see it till Mon. And got all the updates. I'm not used to posts being updated....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Most cars can hit 100. Just a matter of how long to get there. And if they have anything left once there.

I believe most trucks are speed limited to below 100mph.
    Typically due to their tires.
    Of course, things might have changed in the last 10 years.

ETA: However one can have the computer flashed easily to override it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Over 100 mph? How can that possibly be? There is a sign that reads 55 mph.

dapakattack,

OF COURSE. Speed limit signs STOP cars/trucks exceeding the posted limit, just as GUN-FREE ZONE signs STOP criminals from carrying guns at that locale.

Doesn't EVERYONE know that??
    (Sarcasm Button: ON.)

yours, satx78247

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I believe most trucks are speed limited to below 100mph.
    Typically due to their tires.
    Of course, things might have changed in the last 10 years.

ETA: However one can have the computer flashed easily to override it.

Many times the computers do limit speed to what is safe for the OEM tires. Sometimes, the limits are part of the software in the ECM for safe operation of the engine and driveline so they can be warrantied.

The Dodge Challenger Hellcat for example, comes off the showroom floor with over 800 HP, from the factory. Change some parameters in the program of the ECM, and remove the factory limits, and I suspect that car would produce well over 1100 HP! Add some minor mods like better filtration system, freer flowing exhaust system, some ignition and fuel system upgrades, and it's quite possible that it could produce well over 1200 HP.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hellcat is 707hp to 797hp SAE net at the crank, depending on trim, they put down mid-high 600's to the tire stock. You can pulley it and spin the blower fast enough to make (with E85 and a full fuel system) a tick north of 900 to the tires, but that's about all she wrote until you change out the factory 2.4L blower.

Top Bottom