• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Anyone know the average current turnaround time from sending in a C&R application to issuance?

I got mine last year. I want to say turnaround was about 90 days but I'll see if I can find something more concrete.

Honestly, with the surplus market drying up the way it has, I haven't really seen the value. Still haven't put an entry in my bound book yet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    My renewal before last took 25 days, I will have to check to see if I even still have a current 03 FFL. Mine may have expired back in January, and to be honest I can't remember if I renewed it or not. I keep the original in my safe...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    From what I have been reading, some people actually recommend letting your 03 FFL expire every once and a while to dispose of the requirement to maintain an continuous bound book (official record of transactions using the C&R). Letting it lapse allows you to start fresh with a new 03 FFL...

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well, turns out I did renew my 03 FFL in January. I found the new one in my safe and it's good until 2022. Going to scan a copy of it in case I ever need it...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I sent in my application for a C&R on or about September 19. I received the license in today's mail. I was impressed until I saw to whom it was addressed. They sent it to Glen not Glenn and of course the mailing address you view through the glassine window on the envelope is printed on the license. So, they put my name on the license misspelled. Placed a call to their customer service number and she supposedly put me through to my state representative but of course no one picked up there; so I left a message. Don't know if I can use the license now or not. Potential gun purchases for C&Rs are in the works too. Damn!

Top Bottom