• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    There is a difference between justice and vengeance.

There is a difference between some, even if rough hewn and course, justice and the usurpation of law in the form of vigilantism.

I wish citizens would use the authority they HAVE under the law to take immediate action , including deadly force, against criminals in the act.

I think there are a more crimes that should be capitol offenses and that the prosecution should be required to seek the death penalty in the vast majority of those cases. I am in favor of corporal punishments for many other crimes, not for the joy of causing another pain, but allowing small crimes to corrected without having to stay in jail so the offender can return to his family and job I think would be in the interests of both society and justice.

Vigilantism is rebellion against law disguised as justice. It is a terrible and horrible thing and devolves into lynch mobs and men killing each over perceived slights. It is not something to wish for.

Vengance is mine sayeth the Lord... There is no perfect justice here on earth. Until we are before the great white throne, there will be no perfect justice and that justice will be aweful and terrifying. Don't take authority that has not been given to you.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Oh hush. Mr logical. As always from you plenty of insight. A lot of my post context is missing though. I’m just here for the ride and enjoying the shit show.
    When we stop taking care of our house it will begin to crumble...

It’s been crumbled for a while. Environmentally and politically.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a difference between justice and vengeance.

There is a difference between some, even if rough hewn and course, justice and the usurpation of law in the form of vigilantism.

I wish citizens would use the authority they HAVE under the law to take immediate action , including deadly force, against criminals in the act.

I think there are a more crimes that should be capitol offenses and that the prosecution should be required to seek the death penalty in the vast majority of those cases. I am in favor of corporal punishments for many other crimes, not for the joy of causing another pain, but allowing small crimes to corrected without having to stay in jail so the offender can return to his family and job I think would be in the interests of both society and justice.

Vigilantism is rebellion against law disguised as justice. It is a terrible and horrible thing and devolves into lynch mobs and men killing each over perceived slights. It is not something to wish for.

Vengance is mine sayeth the Lord... There is no perfect justice here on earth. Until we are before the great white throne, there will be no perfect justice and that justice will be aweful and terrifying. Don't take authority that has not been given to you.

>

Vigilantism often is the only ‘’justice’’ available. The only protection for one’s Family.

My late Dad, b.1914, told of a 1920’s incident in our hometown. Some 10 or 12 Klansmen, wearing sheets & on horseback, rode into our neighborhood.

They were met by about 25 shotgun-toting locals, who gave a simple edict: ‘’Leave immediately or die. If we ever see you again, we are going to shoot you on sight !’’

They were never seen again. It worked !

leVieux

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Its meaning is defined by the individual. Everything we do is an individual choice. When we are weak or seek attention or approval we run in packs and gang up on others.

Cylceguys points have merit. With certain context so did my post. I don’t care to share publicly. It’s a lot to type and it solves nothing by sharing.

i respect the rule of law. However, the rule of law is operated by man. Very few people seek enlightenment but are eager to gain authority, power, and money. Religious or none religious background seems irrelevant with our nature.

For a sane person to seek vengeance, I would ask what or who failed him or her.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'll take door #3, Monty.

The trouble with committees - and I'd guess moreso with ones of this purpose - is some one, or some group, always rises to the top; with varying degrees of success taking control - and none of it pretty.

Corrupt nat'l govt - far away
    Corrupt state govt - closer
    Corrupt local govt - even closer
    Corrupt local committee - actually the most dangerous, imo, because you're within their immediate range...and therefore subject to their decisions.

It's one thing to be part of a group for self-defensive purposes - it's quite another to band together to mete out committee-decided justice. I'll pass.
    Not what I said. I would never support a "vigilance committee" either. Way too many possibilities for corruption and too little oversight.
    But if need be, I have no problem handing out justice as needed. Of course that comes with the knowledge that others may see that as me needing to be handed some "justice" as well.
    Each must choose according to each situation and their own concience knowing that some will see even actions taken in self defence as an action needing "justice". Look at the number of people we have read about that obviously acted in self defense, yet there are those that call for them to be prosecuted for doing so. Even LE are quite often vilified for defending themselves.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its meaning is defined by the individual. Everything we do is an individual choice. When we are weak or seek attention or approval we run in packs and gang up on others.

Cylceguys points have merit. With certain context so did my post. I don’t care to share publicly. It’s a lot to type and it solves nothing by sharing.

i respect the rule of law. However, the rule of law is operated by man. Very few people seek enlightenment but are eager to gain authority, power, and money. Religious or none religious background seems irrelevant with our nature.

For a sane person to seek vengeance, I would ask what or who failed him or her.
    <>

The idea is PROTECTION, not ‘’vengeance’’.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    <>

The idea is PROTECTION, not ‘’vengeance’’.
    To correct ourselves by claiming protection is vigilantism; we are just fooling ourselves.

If someone resorted to vigilantism I don’t think they are too concerned with the rule of law. Protection is a self righteous word or a word that’s more used for a limited role granted to someone.

I just don’t think society understands it’s role if it failed people and created a vigilante.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    <>

Our current lying leftist media seem to equate “vigilantism” with some dark evil excess or perversion.

BUT,

Vigilantism is every bit as American as baseball & apple pie.

That is how our Frontier Ancestors kept the Peace and protected their Families !

Just like “Militia”, another American Icon.

Neither was invented here, but both flourished inside our “frontier spirit” of neighbors helping neighbors, patriotism, and (gasp) American Nationalism.

Be proud to be an American, your race is NOT an issue.

Reject revisionism, “White Guilt’, antiSemitism, and antiChristianity. Buy ammo, read your Bible, teach your children. . . . Yes, be prepared to serve your community and your neighbors; as a Vigilante, MilItiaman, or whatever our Country needs you to be. Do your job, whatever than may be.

Support your local Sheriff. Obey your conscience and our GOD, not the illicit regime in power.

There won’t be another chance if we fail !

leVieux
    Not today fedboi

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To correct ourselves by claiming protection is vigilantism; we are just fooling ourselves.

If someone resorted to vigilantism I don’t think they are too concerned with the rule of law. Protection is a self righteous word or a word that’s more used for a limited role granted to someone.

I just don’t think society understands it’s role if it failed people and created a vigilante.
    <>

When & where proper Law Enforcement is available, there is no need for vigilantism.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    According to Oxford, a vigilante is a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
    The real problem with vigilantism is that those who take the law into their own hands have no accountability factor. When we talk about law, it is often defined as "law and order." It is that “order” part, along with a lack of accountability, that makes vigilantism such a dangerous activity.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    &gt;

Vigilantism often is the only ‘’justice’’ available. The only protection for one’s Family.

My late Dad, b.1914, told of a 1920’s incident in our hometown. Some 10 or 12 Klansmen, wearing sheets & on horseback, rode into our neighborhood.

They were met by about 25 shotgun-toting locals, who gave a simple edict: ‘’Leave immediately or die. If we ever see you again, we are going to shoot you on sight !’’

They were never seen again. It worked !

leVieux

My dad had a similar incident. Born 1924 in Selma and had a high school acquaintance and friends show up at his door in the late 40s. He met them at the door with a shotgun and pretty much told them the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    According to Oxford, a vigilante is a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
    The real problem with vigilantism is that those who take the law into their own hands have no accountability factor. When we talk about law, it is often defined as "law and order." It is that “order” part, along with a lack of accountability, that makes vigilantism such a dangerous activity.

Hence, the accountability factor for vigilantism is vigilantism.....

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    You mean like a pre-emptive strike?

That's an awfully fine hair to split.
    3F010F6D-0EAE-4155-B7C6-03C3930DA585.jpeg

I ride with LeVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Define "proper law enforcement"
    <>

I’ll try: “Proper” Law Enforcement requires a responsive agency, which promptly covers incidents & public safety problems. Their Officers should treat all courteously, be even-handed, and reasonable. Dangerous criminals, like ANTIFA rioters, should be dealt with sternly & with adequate force. Ideally, the agency should not be subject to undue outside political influences.

leVieux

Last edited:

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    <>

I’ll try: “Proper” :aw Enforcement requires a responsive agency, which promptly covers incidents & public safety problems. Their Officers should treat all courteously, be even-handed, and reasonable. Dangerous criminals, like ANTIFA rioters, should be dealt with sternly & with adequate force. Ideally, the agency should not be subject to undue outside political influences.

leVieux

1,000,000 likes

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    <>

I’ll try: “Proper” :aw Enforcement requires a responsive agency, which promptly covers incidents & public safety problems. Their Officers should treat all courteously, be even-handed, and reasonable. Dangerous criminals, like ANTIFA rioters, should be dealt with sternly & with adequate force. Ideally, the agency should not be subject to undue outside political influences.

leVieux
    Well done.

Top Bottom