Guns International

You know what the worst thing is about job hunting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Dealing with those damn recruiters! Either it's 20 year old chipmunk girls hyped up on speed, everything is awesome, yay, wheeeeee, LOLLERS, teehee!!!! Sorry, sweetie, could you dial down the chipperness some? You're at 11. I need you at about a 3 the most. or mush-mouthed Indians from out of state who have no idea what an employer is looking for or what anything on my resume means. Oh and you can't understand a damn word they're saying. Ihaveamamababbababballabityinnaplanno? What? I have literally no idea what you're saying, buddy!
    ARJ Defense ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Lol once at work I had to contact FedEx because our pickup no showed. I get some Indian gal. I closed the door, tried covering one ear, asked her to repeat herself, I just handed her off to one of my bosses. Was done. “Can’t understand shit, you try.”

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I went job searching here on a trip before the move and was a little nervous because I had never been unemployed. I never had to interview. 2 days and 4 interviews later I had 3 offer letters in my posession. I ended up taking the job that didn't give me an offer letter. God bless Texas.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    What annoys the crap out of me is the recruiters who don't actually have a specific position in mind, but they insist on meeting to "get to know you". I have better things to do that sit around over a cup of coffee and have sunshine blown up my @##. If you have something tangible, great, let's talk, otherwise, get lost.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    This is a huge problem in the IT field. I have gotten all of my jobs due to people that I knew, as this is the only real way to get the jobs that aren't "listed" or that would get you at the bottom of the pile. I still get emails and LinkedIn spam from recruiters and I just block them. They have no idea what I do or what the position requires.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Age discrimination. It is real.

Absolutely. Anyone over 50 is going to have a tough time.

Know of several extremely highly qualified guys over 50 YO with proven track records who can never get past the first gate.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Interesting subject. After 50 yrs of work and many interviews, I still get a few recruiters that need 'candidates' to 'use' to pad their list. Was at bro. wedding reception last week. Met a gal who was a Boeing HR. Asked her if she hired many that could pass pee test. She said it was mucho difficult.a friend hires and trains for C.S. jobs. Conversations with her are really funny.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    It's age envy. All young folk aspire to become old enough to be discriminated against Everyone of course, except "The Who".

The Who?!?

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.7 MB · Views: 329

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I eliminated 20 years of work experience off of my resume and had a high paying job in my field in 10 days.
    Very wise. Always target your resume to what they're expecting, especially if you're over qualified. I've been at the same company for >15 years now, but even (especially) this place I literally sat down with their job posting and penned the resume to fit.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Very wise. Always target your resume to what they're expecting, especially if you're over qualified. I've been at the same company for >15 years now, but even (especially) this place I literally sat down with their job posting and penned the resume to fit.
    Wish I had thought to do this two years ago when I left the Middle East , lol.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I have done this before as well. alot of these place just do keyword searches on resumes

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Absolutely. Anyone over 50 is going to have a tough time.

Know of several extremely highly qualified guys over 50 YO with proven track records who can never get past the first gate.

I.T. must be the exception. No issues getting gigs in my field and I know a lot of old folks getting paid big bucks to work out of the house.

Top Bottom