Join TexasGunTalk

X-Sight 4K Pro- First impressions

Discussion in 'Optics' started by Younggun, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It has a 4K imager because it uses a digital zoom. If it was a 720p imager the picture quality would become unusable pretty quick as you zoomed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Short update on things I’ve tested.

Tried out the internal ballistic calculator using .223 and 55gr Dogtown bullets. As best I can tell it was dead on at 100 and 230 yards. Round 1 was fired at 230 yards. Then moved to 100, set distance in scope, and fired round 2.

4be0dac2a781089f2824e9ff55a50c48.jpg

It does take a little twisting to get the range adjusted. Would be nice if the yardage went in increments of 10 just to speed things up, but it’s not too bad.

Tried the recoil activated video but had no luck. My AR is a little heavy as a varmint build. Heavy 18” barrel, LuthAR adjustable stock, and Omega suppressor. There’s not much felt recoil and apparently not enough to trigger the recording function. At least not when shooting from a bench or prone position.

I did take some vid of a fox while hog hunting. Had the IR intensity set to low and I’ve found it doesn’t appear as bright in recorded video as it does through the scope. Can’t find that vid now, so here is some video of crows I recorded before the sun went down. Distance was 50 yards.

I’ll try to figure out where I put the fox vid.

3. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Why did you stop the video before shooting the crow?

That picture is so much better than the gen 1.

4. Younggun

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn’t shoot it. Was trying to be vewy vewy quiet.

Should have shot it though. Hogs never came in anyways.

5. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have a Gen 1. A guy built me an IR flashlight with a micro USB connector instead of batteries. I purchased a stockholder pouch for the batteries and two of those big arse storage batteries 24,000 milliamps? no more batteries. Mine first one would not start up but it finally came on. I look forward to hearing about the newer one is it any lighter?