• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFOD1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Austin
    Howdy! My safe is stuffed to the gills and my wife told me that anyone who needs more than one gun safe probably has too many guns. I tried reasoning with her but, well, she won't change her tune. So I've ordered one of those new-fangled Pendleton safes and need to get rid of old Bessie here:
    Front.jpg

This is a Liberty Lincoln series size 25 gun safe with the textured granite finish. You can click on the picture above for a super close-up. There are a few scratches and rub marks obtained in the move here from New Hampshire; they are visible in the close-up.
    I have replaced the front sheetrock panel with a pegboard for extra pistol storage capacity, as you can see here:
    Interior.jpg

Apart from that front panel, which is long since gone, I have all the interior shelving that came with the safe so you can configure the interior to your liking. I will throw in ALL of those nice peg-board pistol hangars, and I will even throw in the Hyskore pistol cradles. I won't be needing any of that anymore.
    My asking price is $1100. That's priced to sell, I think.
    You are welcome to pick it up locally, but if you want to do that I'm first going to want to see a scan of your Texas CHL, or I will want to run a criminal background check on you and everyone you're going to bring with you (it's instantaneous and only costs me $3/person). Alternatively I can arrange to have it delivered locally by Heart of Texas Moving, who will charge about $300 provided there are no stairs.
    Texas SOT

LFOD1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Austin
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for your interest, guys, but it is actually already sold (pending funds) -- that was fast! I'll let you know if the deal falls through for some reason.

TexMex247 -- The safe is fire-rated, but I believe that my having replaced the front sheetrock panel would mess up the way the "fire protection" works, because the sheetrock is the fire protection. I did a fair amount of research on the subject before adding the pegboard, and in real house fires you generally find that anything in a sheetrock-lined "fireproof" safe is actually ruined. Even though the fire does not penetrate the safe, the safe itself will heat up to the point that the contents will themselves catch fire. The dimensions are listed at Liberty's site (link provided in the ad).

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i love that! she says "if you need more than one safe, you ahve to many guns"

and you say "ok, i'll buy a bigger safe!"

beats the alternative!!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I have guns and guitars...and have told my wife that it's like this, I can have ONE handgun, ONE shotgun, ONE Rifle, ONE guitar and all the girlfriends I want....or I can have all the firearms and guitars I want and ONE wife...

She choose well

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have guns and guitars...and have told my wife that it's like this, I can have ONE handgun, ONE shotgun, ONE Rifle, ONE guitar and all the girlfriends I want....or I can have all the firearms and guitars I want and ONE wife...

She choose well
    with all the fire arms i wouldnt bring up the girlfriends again(lol)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    <snicker> Mine tried that...I asked how much room was taken up by her jewelry, which we could get rid of to make more room. I also asked how many pairs of shoes she had, and purses.

I installed the new 72 x 40 safe last month....(yeah, #2). Gettin' worried, though....it's purty full already!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    <snicker> Mine tried that...I asked how much room was taken up by her jewelry, which we could get rid of to make more room. I also asked how many pairs of shoes she had, and purses.

I installed the new 72 x 40 safe last month....(yeah, #2). Gettin' worried, though....it's purty full already!

to cool.

Top Bottom