• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a job that was WFH years ago. Not for me. If I don't have to get up, get dressed, and be somewhere, I ain't gonna get much done. Any, and EVERYthing distracts me in that situation. Hell, I would take a break and end up mowing the grass or mopping the floor!
    I can relate... I'd be like " I need to start work. Oh look a gun.... time for a beer.... oh crap it's 17:00 already!"
    Gun Zone Deals

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... Professional Photography takes up too much of her time nowadays.

That’s a tough space. Could she maybe just do editing/post processing on a per piece of per job basis?

Based on what I think I understand, she’s looking to do some work, but not have it take over her life. Maybe there’s a local photog that could use a little part time/contract help.

Or have a missed the boat entirely?

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Working for the state CPS, we could work from home a lot. That was one of the few upsides maybe the only one. Nice to check emails in your underwear with a cup of coffee. I did work but also screwed off a lot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s a tough space. Could she maybe just do editing/post processing on a per piece of per job basis?

Based on what I think I understand, she’s looking to do some work, but not have it take over her life. Maybe there’s a local photog that could use a little part time/contract help.

Or have a missed the boat entirely?
    Good thoughts... I'll run that past her.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Might be an ambula...... er,... um..., lawyer out that way that might need a free lance photographer for claims and such.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I dont have much on this one. Been self employed most of my life but never WFH.

From the pics we have been seeing, my suggestion (as others have elluded) would be to transition to other venues. West Texas (storms) offer some spectacular moments, etc, etc.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Or realtors association. Or the ISD/Community College adjunct. Or photog tutor.

Think creatively...

I had just heard one of them ambulance chaser commercials in the background. And in my defense, had only had a sip or two of the morning elixir and wasn't quite wide eyed yet.

I promise to screw up more in the future though.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Throw enough spaghetti against the wall, and something is gonna' stick.

Most ideas are good.

Not necessarily all actions are good though.

So if you do decide to throw spaghetti against the wall, please verify that sauce is not included with the stringy projectiles.

I, unfortunately, was late with that statement when an ex-girlfriend got extremely upset with me one evening during dinner.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom