• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Bought a few boxes of 45 acp and opened one and my daughter spotted this. No biggy but I'm gonna pitch a Bitch and email them anyway. I don't buy factory ammo much but I got Academy gift cards and these were marked at $114.99 for 200 rnds.

When I scanned it to double check it was $99.99
    at the counter I mentioned the $10 off a $50 or more purchase and got them for $89.99 per box of 200.
    I think it's supossed to by a one time $10 but they all rung up at $89.99.
    Not bad for a big box store.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 20231230_132141.jpg
      20231230_132141.jpg
      216.4 KB · Views: 60

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Not the best QC on that batch but at least it was only one. I've had a few primed empty brass cases of their Western 22 LR ammo. Usually only 2-3 per 500 rounds but there's always a couple duds in most bulk 22 ammo. With their centerfire I would expect better and that one could be a little high pressured with that much set back. Personally I'd stick it on my inertia puller and seat it to the same length and maybe even taper crimp it but as a reloader I have all that stuff just sitting around anyhow.

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    What makes White box different
    from any other Winchester ammo?
    Does all not get produced at the same place on the same machines?
    Isn't it do called Mil spec or do they produced something else for Military?

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    What makes White box different
    from any other Winchester ammo?
    Does all not get produced at the same place on the same machines?
    Isn't it do called Mil spec or do they produced something else for Military?

White Box is their bargain line. They would lose their military contract in a hurry if they tried shipping that crap to them.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well Winchester white box was always the gold standard in range ammo for me growing up. Through over 3 decades of shooting, I now prefer S&B or CCI for my plinking needs. I'll usually even take Fiocchi over Winchester. Sad times but I imagine the demand has them skimping on the QC nowadays.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    I’ve also seen brass crushed and rolled back down the side by the machinery a lot lately in 45ACP and 9mm White Box. I hand em to the range masher for disposal.

Good idea to check each round as you load, no matter where you’re getting it.

Jedi54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    DFW, Texas
    winchester white box, the gift that keeps on giving
    Can't say I'm too surprised, seem it a bunch even with "better" ammo. Good on you for spotting it. Although, it would probably still shoot...

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    With that much setback, I wouldn't. :bomb:
    Although, it would probably still shoot...

I'm done with Winchester white box CF and rimfire. I have some old WWB 9mm left, and it's all GTG, but the recent stuff, I have to run it all through my cartridge gauge. I had a round with an over length case not go fully into battery, and good thing it was WAY oversized such that it didn't allow the handgun to fire. Blown case heads much? :grenade:
    Their rimfire is the worst. Anymore, I'd rather shoot Golden Bullets than any WIN rimfire ammo...any.

No bueno. Notice the headstamp?
    9mm Blown Case Heads 201002 011.jpg

Last edited:

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    I don't buy factory ammo (with the exception of rimfire, of course, and a bunch of 9mm I bought before I decided I would cave and reload 9mm also), so I don't have first hand horror stories...but I've sure been hearing a lot of bad stuff about Winchester factory ammo since the latest shortages began. Most shocking has been the rimfire stuff...for over 30 years I knew the worst rimfire available was Remington's promotional bulk ammo, but lately I hear Winchester has taken the lead in that race. And that has GOT to be pretty bad!

Lonesome Dove

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I don't buy factory ammo (with the exception of rimfire, of course, and a bunch of 9mm I bought before I decided I would cave and reload 9mm also), so I don't have first hand horror stories...but I've sure been hearing a lot of bad stuff about Winchester factory ammo since the latest shortages began. Most shocking has been the rimfire stuff...for over 30 years I knew the worst rimfire available was Remington's promotional bulk ammo, but lately I hear Winchester has taken the lead in that race. And that has GOT to be pretty bad!
    This was some of the first ammo I have bought in over 30 years. Had gift cards and gave it a shot. As long as they fire it's all good it's just extra ammo.

Top Bottom