Will Magpul Furniture fit on a Maverick 88?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    I just bought my Maverick 88, and I want to put some Magpul Furniture on it. I want to get the sga stock and the moe forend. I have seen videos where it worked, and the 88 is basicly a 500 anyway right? But the guy at the gun store didn't think it would work, Anyone try this before?
    Note: They don't make any for the 88. Just the 500\590 and the rem 870

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    No idea how they are different.
    Ok so I did some research, The Maverick has a one-piece action bar. The mossberg 500 Has a tube and the rods, and the grip slides on. So I need to buy a mossberg 500 action bar, slide on the mag tube, and put the magpul foregrip on that. What I want to know is what is the size? 7 3\4 (7 5\8)
    or the short one 6 3\4

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    The guys at the gun store think i'm crazy because not too many people have done this before :(
    But the end result is gonna be good!

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Wouldn't it be easier and less $ invested to just do what Trey said? Sell that 88 while it is still new and buy a 500.
    The reason I bought the 88 instead of the 500 was so I could get all the mods I would want and still be cheaper than the 500. I just didn't do research on the forend.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Yes the maverick 88 wil need the dual bar. Easy to replace and you can find one :

http://www.havlinsales.com/model500.htm

Great place and they will help if contacted.
    I picked up my maverick 88 years back in trade . Put wood furniture at first. Recently my friend let me shoot his mossberg 500 with magpul furniture so it recently made the switch.

Research maverick 88 reviews and it's reliability. They have been in hard use for years. Great value. Only thing I have ever heard is possible trigger gaurd breaking. Few and far between. I bought extra just in case. From the years of abuse I may never need it.
    ed81f73bdd61169932cc159e2ff03da2.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom