• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    OP is gone from the thread. That was fast. Anyone get a reading on his fps?
    I am still here, I only check in once or twice per day. I do this whole shooting, educating, and helping thing as my day job. So at the end of the day I kind of like to disappear from the scene.
    Agreed that the velocity on the box is likely not the velocity from your rifle.

For long range shots it matters. The Strelock app uses your ammo's FPS to determine doping adjustments. I have my 6.5 zeroed at 300 yds. Knowing the FPS helped me find that. (thanks @jrbfishn for helping me with that)

I was able to determine my adjustments at 500 yds at another sitting.

For 200 yds and under, its largely irrelevant. But at 200 and beyond its a critical factor in taking longer range shots. And to figure those you need the velocity from the gun you are shooting, not the box.

ETA - Also the reason your loads need to be exactly alike if you are shooting over 100 yds. So the velocity of one bullet matches the others.
    Strelock Pro is illegal to have, use, or purchase in the United States. It is a russian product that is currently under sanctions. Just as a friendly heads up. https://www.state.gov/the-united-st...r-anniversary-of-russias-war-against-ukraine/

Check out his other posts. The OP seems like a guy we'd like to keep around.
    I am still around, and will be around. I simply don't have to the time to hang out here, but check in every so often.

Agreed. Hey @DocBeech , where'd ya go?
    No where!

But on that note, I have learned to kind of let peoples opinions just roll off. This is an educational article and not designed to try to "sell chronographs" but simply to share and educate.

Top Bottom