• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Yea, DarkPriest, has a whole stable full of them. He loves em.

Got to shoot them at the reunion. They are wonderful. CZ clones, and they did good. Ive HELD the Elite Combat at Academy and the flared magwell on it makes the feel of the grip a thing to behold (or hold:green:)

Fishin4guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport
    I have a TP9 Elite Combat. It is a great shooting gun. Very accurate, great trigger, and so far not one hick-up. Have probably close to 1000 rounds through it so far. I have heard that the TP9 SFX is a great gun as well and seems to be very popular, I just haven't shot one yet.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I have a TP9v2 and it's as close to a Walther P99 clone as anything. It's even better than the S&W 990L I owned so long ago. The single action trigger is fantastic and I like the decocker on the top of the slide, making it ambidexterous. The double action trigger is only so-so.

At one time a ways back, I considered selling all my striker fired 9mms (over a half dozen) and buying a second Canik. It's that good a gun. I don't know what models the others are referring to as CZ clones, but the TP9v2 is straight Walther.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I've got three Caniks, and all three are excellent. In order, they are:

(1) TP9-SF is a full-size, 18rd pistol. Mine is cerakoted FDE. Sights are standard 3-dot type.
    (2) TP9-SF Elite is a mid-size, 15rd pistol. Mine is the "S" model with a trigger block safety. The pistol has ambidextrous slide release and excellent Warren sights--fiber optic front.
    (3) TP9-SFT is a full-size tactical pistol with suppressor-height Warren sights--fiber optic front. The barrel is extended & threaded 13.5x1 LH.

All three of these pistols have EXCELLENT triggers. You give up nothing vs. Walther, HK VP9, or GLOCK with these pistols. The one thing I'd like to see is to have Canik put the ambi slide release on all their pistols and not just on the SF-Elite.

Full disclosure: I'm a big HK fan and own plenty of them and GLOCKs. I've fired the Walthers, but don't own any. Canik brings a LOT to the market in terms of value for money. Don't hesitate to pick one up if you have interest. I have NO affiliation with Canik, but I know a good value when I see/shoot it.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    I enjoy my SFX. Accurate but it does have one fault. It doesn't lock back on the last round. Since I don't compete or carry it I haven't had it fixed. Runs great otherwise.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I enjoy my SFX. Accurate but it does have one fault. It doesn't lock back on the last round. Since I don't compete or carry it I haven't had it fixed. Runs great otherwise.
    I haven't experienced that, but I don't use a two-thumbs-high-forward hold.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Diesel, there was a "bend this, tweak that" post in the Canik forum. I do not know enough to attempt it. Since my use is range only I did not pursue it. It is reliable otherwise. I did install the reduced power rst.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    bgw45,

Why'd ya do that?

Plus, since I read this thread, I've looked all over the internet for the
    Canik TP9V2 and apparently they're so popular they're very difficult to find.

I can find some of the other Canik models, just not the tp9v2.

Sigh......

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Decent pistols, unfortunately if you need parts or service, you'll have to go through century arms.

Honestly just due to aftermarket support and parts availability, i think a police trade in glock is a better idea

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Yea, DarkPriest, has a whole stable full of them. He loves em.

Got to shoot them at the reunion. They are wonderful. CZ clones, and they did good. Ive HELD the Elite Combat at Academy and the flared magwell on it makes the feel of the grip a thing to behold (or hold:green:)

Umm...nope. Try again.

I've got a TP9SFX. I've installed a Fat Daddy trigger and the springs from Galloway. It has a Vortex Venom on it and it's scary accurate. My buddy likes it so much we just picked his up at GrabAGun yesterday. I also picked up my new RIA 9mm 1911. They had a 4lb jug of IMR Red sitting there and I asked how much, he scanned it and told me $50 out the door. Grabbed that!

I also asked if they had any Canik TP9SFX mags on hand. They have some OEM mags for $15. Bought three of those.

It was a pretty productive trip. The one guy who was there when we got there was picking up a TP9SF Elite, it was his third Canik.

They are an AWESOME value for the money.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    I thought the OPs question was about the tp9 series. Since the SFX is in the series, I replied.

I replaced the return spring based on info in a Canik forum thread.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Decent pistols, unfortunately if you need parts or service, you'll have to go through century arms.

Honestly just due to aftermarket support and parts availability, i think a police trade in glock is a better idea

Or, you know, the Walthers the Caniks are "inspired by". ;)

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I also have a TP9sfx, it is my go to gun for any and all competitions that I shoot in. It is the only pistol I have ever shot a perfect match, it is reliable, accurate, and if you're into this sort of thing, there are plenty of aftermarket parts.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Not many LEO trade ins of those. While not bad guns, if you are heading towards the caniks due to budget limitations, a good walther will cost more

Cheapest gun I've ever bought was a Walther PPK/S ;)

Sadly, the "German made grip, American made slide and barrel" Magnum Research MR9 (actual licensed copy of the P99) has been discontinued and disappeared. There's a mere THREE of them left on all of Gunbroker, and none at all anywhere else.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?Keywords=mr9&Sort=13&PageSize=24

Top Bottom