• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patience0830

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    FreeStateuv IN
    39550d1470707779-when-you-see-pretty-car-amc_pacer_rear.jpg
    This thing would take a 90° corner at 60 mph. At least Neal Gross's moms would.
    High school memories.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Late yesterday evening, I found a SOLID EMERALD GREEN 2000 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS GS with 39,800 ACTUAL miles, which was bought new & that once belonged to an elderly gentleman from near SATX & who very seldom drove it.
    (It has always been garaged since he bought the car.)

Sometime Wednesday PM, I'm going to get a chance to go see & possibly even test-drive the car. = The >8YO battery is DEAD & must be replaced before it can even be driven the 12-13 miles to my house.
    Also, it has sat in the garage for so long that the gas will have to be drained/replaced & the fuel lines will need to be flushed to try to start it.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yore definition of a pretty car makes me smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar,

GET READY to SMILE again. = I just found a 1999 TOWN CAR in SILVER/silver with 28,000 original miles, with not a scratch on it AND special-ordered with ALL of the factory brochure's options, too.
    (IF you have the notion that I'm a LINCOLN-MERCURY "Land Yacht" FAN, you would be 100% CORRECT.)

FYI, I just may buy BOTH of them, for a little over 11K.

yours, satx

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    pronstar,

GET READY to SMILE again. = I just found a 1999 TOWN CAR in SILVER/silver with 28,000 original miles, with not a scratch on it AND special-ordered with ALL of the factory brochure's options, too.
    (IF you have the notion that I'm a LINCOLN-MERCURY "Land Yacht" FAN, you would be 100% CORRECT.)

FYI, I just may buy BOTH of them, for a little over 11K.

yours, satx

Your AGE is showing.

Grandpas car(s) for gramps.

At least OF yoir picking land yachts pick some with some style and class
    both of which neither of those cars has.

On the plus side at least they are both blue oval brand companies which right off ranks um way higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Your AGE is showing.

On the plus side at least they are both blue oval brand companies which right off ranks um way higher.

They still make great demolition derby cars!

Or plenty of room in the trunks for lots of dead bodies!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Your AGE is showing.

Texas45,

You are 100% correct about my age at 74YO..

Further, you LIKELY wouldn't like my TREASURED SILVER/black 1992 TOWN CAR (with the FULL carriage top), which has 69,000 one owner miles either.
    (Evidently, my taste in "land yachts" isn't too bad, inasmuch as I cannot drive it anywhere W/O people trying to buy it, for 3-5 times what I paid for it last year.)

NOTE: One of our GREAT TGT members went out of his way to trailer the TC up from the shop where it was sitting, took it to his farm, parked it in his shop & held it until my mechanic & I could go pick it up. =====> MANY THANKS to him.
    Note to our member: After the cleaning inside/outside, polishing & a coat of wax, the TC looks about 100% better than when you last saw it.

yours, satx

Last edited:

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    satx78247,
    All of them are might nice Cars I would have went with one of them but I wanted a car with bit better Gas Milage

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Texas45,

You are 100% correct about my age at 74YO..

Further, you LIKELY wouldn't like my TREASURED SILVER/black 1992 TOWN CAR (with the FULL carriage top), which has 69,000 one owner miles either.
    (Evidently, my taste in "land yachts" isn't too bad, inasmuch as I cannot drive it anywhere W/O people trying to buy it, for 3-5 times what I paid for it last year.)

NOTE: One of our GREAT TGT members went out of his way to trailer the TC up from the shop where it was sitting, took it to his farm, parked it in his shop & held it until my mechanic & I could go pick it up. =====> MANY THANKS to him.
    Note to our member: After the cleaning inside/outside, polishing & a coat of wax, the TC looks about 100% better than when you last saw it.

yours, satx

Well 92 was not a stellar design yr.
    You were 14 when I was born.
    Most cars after mid 70s are bland as hell.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    satx78247,
    All of them are might nice Cars I would have went with one of them but I wanted a car with bit better Gas Milage

mroper,

Considering that my 1992 Town Car routinely gets 18-20MPG around town & 27-28 MPG on the highway (even as fast as I usually drive), WHICH "land yacht" can you tell me about that gets BETTER mileage?

For such a SPACIOUS/HEAVY car, that's NOT "too bad", imVho.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Well 92 was not a stellar design yr.
    You were 14 when I was born.
    Most cars after mid 70s are bland as hell.

Texas45,

Out of idle curiosity, WHICH "land yachts" are "steller" designs and that are "to your taste"??

Would you like my low mileage/one owner NAVY/navy 1978 Continental Mark V, with the 460CI V8??
    (It is stored in a barn on our farm, awaiting some minor restoration, new new battery & tires, etc., before I take it on any more LINCOLN club tours.)
    Frankly, I parked (when premium gas got HIGH) it as it will "pass anything on the road except a gas station".

yours, satx

Last edited:

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Texas45,

Out of idle curiosity, WHICH "land yachts" are "steller" designs and that are "to your taste"??

Would you like my low mileage/one owner NAVY/navy 1978 Continental Mark V, with the 460CI V8??
    (It is stored in a barn on our farm, awaiting some minor restoration, new new battery & tires, etc., before I take it on any more LINCOLN tours.)
    Frankly, I parked (when premium gas got HIGH) it as it will "pass anything on the road except a gas station".

yours, satx

I really like the style and lines of the late 30s through early 60s.
    Those Cars had style and flair.
    Since that era cars have become cookie cutter copies especially the new stuff

I am a muscle/performance car guy.
    As far as what I enjoy.

Used to pimp my dads Caddy Coupe DeVille in HS. The ol 502 would pass/not pass the same things as your Conti

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I really like the style and lines of the late 30s through early 60s.
    Those Cars had style and flair.
    Since that era cars have become cookie cutter copies especially the new stuff

I am a muscle/performance car guy.
    As far as what I enjoy.

Used to pimp my dads Caddy Coupe DeVille in HS. The ol 502 would pass/not pass the same things as your Conti

Texas45,

PLEASE tell me that you didn't let that CdV get away. = VERY NICE rides are those BIG/THIRSTY Caddys.

FYI, one day before I quit driving it, I got "pulled over" by the DPS just west of Greenville at over 90MPH. = The Trooper walked up to the car, took a look at my "peculiar" license plate number & "sent me on my way", W/O even a verbal warning.
    (My GUESS is that he recognized what "31D35" denotes.)

yours, satx

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    mroper,

Considering that my 1992 Town Car routinely gets 18-20MPG around town & 27-28 MPG on the highway (even as fast as I usually drive), WHICH "land yacht" can you tell me about that gets BETTER mileage?

For such a SPACIOUS/HEAVY car, that's NOT "too bad", imVho.

yours, satx
    I totally agree with you . That is why I focused my purchase on other than a land yacht. In Five or Six Years My next pruchase will be focused on one of them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads