TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Had to look. Was expecting this:
    Pontiac-Aztek-Concept-front-three-quarters.jpg

A car so ugly that it should come with parking attendants who would slap the driver when they got out.

Sure it was UGLY back then, but you compare it with most of the crossover SUV market we've seen lately, and you start to think maybe GM was just ahead of the times. Or maybe everybody else has decided to take the ugliest title away from GM.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    ...not many people bought it and so it's slowly transitioning into a rare, collectible vehicle. That shouldn't be true but it is.

This was surprising to us when we read the studies...at the time, owner satisfaction of the Aztec was much better than average.

My guess was that folks had to constantly reaffirm the decision they made to purchase such a hideous vehicle LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    maybe GM was just ahead of the times
    I think so. There's been a few cars more recently that have the same ugly hatch design.

This was surprising to us when we read the studies...at the time, owner satisfaction of the Aztec was much better than average.

My guess was that folks had to constantly reaffirm the decision they made to purchase such a hideous vehicle LOL
    They actually are a decent family appliance. The alternative is a minivan.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Sure it was UGLY back then, but you compare it with most of the crossover SUV market we've seen lately, and you start to think maybe GM was just ahead of the times. Or maybe everybody else has decided to take the ugliest title away from GM.
    A meth cook in NM, once sold one for $50.
    The other one looks like an up-armored Fiero.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Breaking Bad helped, too.
    Yeah, there are other factors, too. One was used in a notorious real-life crime and I suppose that put it on the radar of some collectors. You never can tell what sorts of human weirdness will turn something from a forgotten heap into a collector's item.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Holy cow that's a lot of RAD rides! Reportedly 675 vehicles turned out. I tired to capture as many as I could in my video walking tour of the show. Made for a loooooong video...

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I'm glad to see that GM hasn't given up designing super vehicles. If they had only used a racing frame like that on the Vega. Did Don Hardy get rich building V8 kits for that goobercycle.

Top Bottom