• m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    1666.jpg

2820.jpg

Long story short, this tool works great and is a quality built product! I have used this tool to change out the front and rear sights on 3 different pistols (Jericho 941, CZ 75, CZ 83). Using this tool is easy but I do have several recommendations to avoid any problems.

A few people have reported that the 2 screws that hold the reversible sight pusher component can have their hex fastener hole easily stripped. To avoid the chance of this happening I purchased replacement screws that use a basic slot screwdriver so the screws can now easily loosen with no worries of stripping out the hex fastener hole. If you want to get replacement screws here is specification for them: M5 .80 x 20mm

The contact points which hold the slide and move the sights are made of metal so this means there will be metal on metal contact between the tool and firearm. To avoid any possible scratching or marring of the firearm I acquired a few pieces of leather to put them between any metal on metal contact. Doing this worked well as I had no wear on the pistol or sights when I was done changing them out.

Be very careful when vertically positioning the sight pusher so it can push the sight out/in without gouging the slide as it moves horizontally to remove or install the sight. I read a few accounts of people not paying attention and putting a sizable scratch on the slide.

Before each use of the tool oil the threads which move the sight pusher horizontally. This will reduce wear and tear on the tool over repeated sight removal uses.

My Verdict: I am kicking myself for not buying this tool a lot sooner. It would have saved me a lot of grief. Price for it varies so do a good search for the best deal. I got mine from Gun Broker for about $130. Worth every penny.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 1666.jpg
      1666.jpg
      83.3 KB · Views: 861
    • 2820.jpg
      2820.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 1,229

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've had one for about a year now. I've changed sights on about 5 pistols so far. I scratched the slide on my 1st one. No biggie. It was a beater 1911. Now I use painter's tape to cover the slide .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I have one of these and like it. I've used it on 1911s, and CZ pistols.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

XBS1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Cypress, Tx
    I've had one for about a year now. I've changed sights on about 5 pistols so far. I scratched the slide on my 1st one. No biggie. It was a beater 1911. Now I use painter's tape to cover the slide .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Painter's tape is a lifesaver.

XBS1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Cypress, Tx
    View attachment 163961

View attachment 163962

Long story short, this tool works great and is a quality built product! I have used this tool to change out the front and rear sights on 3 different pistols (Jericho 941, CZ 75, CZ 83). Using this tool is easy but I do have several recommendations to avoid any problems.

A few people have reported that the 2 screws that hold the reversible sight pusher component can have their hex fastener hole easily stripped. To avoid the chance of this happening I purchased replacement screws that use a basic slot screwdriver so the screws can now easily loosen with no worries of stripping out the hex fastener hole. If you want to get replacement screws here is specification for them: M5 .80 x 20mm

The contact points which hold the slide and move the sights are made of metal so this means there will be metal on metal contact between the tool and firearm. To avoid any possible scratching or marring of the firearm I acquired a few pieces of leather to put them between any metal on metal contact. Doing this worked well as I had no wear on the pistol or sights when I was done changing them out.

Be very careful when vertically positioning the sight pusher so it can push the sight out/in without gouging the slide as it moves horizontally to remove or install the sight. I read a few accounts of people not paying attention and putting a sizable scratch on the slide.

Before each use of the tool oil the threads which move the sight pusher horizontally. This will reduce wear and tear on the tool over repeated sight removal uses.

My Verdict: I am kicking myself for not buying this tool a lot sooner. It would have saved me a lot of grief. Price for it varies so do a good search for the best deal. I got mine from Gun Broker for about $130. Worth every penny.
    I never thought that this tool would get as much use as it does. Yes, well worth the cost.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have one. It works pretty well - better than any others I've seen. It would be really, really nice to have a more narrow contact point so that you can get down into the dovetail area on some sights.

Top Bottom