• How awesome are you feeling today?

• Total voters

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    Howdy.

New member here, currently living in San Antonio. I look forward to learning from this forum and sharing with you all. I know quite a bit about guns, but there are still a lot of things I need and want to learn.

I prefer to remain anonymous on the internet, but I guess it won't hurt to share a little about myself. I'm 22, coming on 23, and working hard to get into a federal level LEO gig. I want to help my country and fellow law abiding citizens, but I also want to get PAID, you know what I mean?

I was in the Air Force for a bit, but other than that I'd like to keep further details to myself. Oh don't worry, honorable discharge, I was a good boy and all that jazz, yada yada yada.

I apologize beforehand for whenever I ignore certain personal questions. No hard feelings, just want to keep my online persona separate from my private/public life.

Other than that, very much so looking forward to sharing and learning about anything gun related

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Welcome to the group. What's your full name, place of birth and social security number. Need to do a background check to make sure you can stay.

(I kid, I kid)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't blame you for wanting to keep you info minimal. The last thing you want is for Ak and shooter to figure out where you live....

Welcome to the forum

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    Just a habit from anonymous imageboards.

Anyways, I guess I'll post what weapons I've owned

RRA LAR-15
    R700
    M1A
    Glock23 (sorry Texas Redneck)
    Beretta 92fs
    R870
    Benelli Nova

I currently just own the glock and AR. Sold everything else to help get a nicer car.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    sounds like a crappy trade

Yeah. But once I get into the job I want, I'll buy it all back and improved versions

I had a regular scout squad m1a. Once I make enough money, I'd like a national match loaded m1a.

And id prolly get another 700, but would dump a lot of money into it.

I not sure what shotguns I'd get. My inner tacticool loving mallninja is enjoying the rising trend of bullpup shotguns but eh. I can live without a shotgun for a while.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    Welcome.

AFSC?

I see no harm in answering that. 3P0x1

If I get my federal LEO gig, I'll go back in as a reservist or maybe go reserve marine recon with my best friend. I don't know, I'll see how awesome life turns out in a few months and I'll decide. Because if I dont get the LEO gig, I'll probably re-enlist

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    youre already in the irr whether you know it or not. just gotta see a retention nco i believe to pull you out of it and place you in a reserve unit.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    youre already in the irr whether you know it or not. just gotta see a retention nco i believe to pull you out of it and place you in a reserve unit.
    ...damn

thanks for the heads up

I'm not sure how difficult it'll be to switch across branches, but my buddy insists that joining reserve recon with him wont be so bad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ...damn

thanks for the heads up

I'm not sure how difficult it'll be to switch across branches, but my buddy insists that joining reserve recon with him wont be so bad

being in the irr, you are able to be picked up across all branches. now, whether you are able to get in with those branches are a different story. they are more strict with their regulations for prior service and expect higher everything than a new enlistment. i am not sure where the nearest reserve recon unit is located though.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    being in the irr, you are able to be picked up across all branches. now, whether you are able to get in with those branches are a different story. they are more strict with their regulations for prior service and expect higher everything than a new enlistment. i am not sure where the nearest reserve recon unit is located though.

Yeah that's what I heard... it's why I'm keeping that idea on the backburner. I'd rather do reserve AF

few of my buds are SAPD and recon reservists. Theyre the geniuses who gave my best friend the bright idea and he wont stop nagging me about it. It's starting to warm up to me a little, though I know active duty marines would still think im a weekend warrior. Oh well. I actually didn't ask them where their unit was located, but I'm sure there must be one in town or nearby. We have quite a bit of marines at fort sam houston, and I think a training school for marine corrections officers here too.

Been hitting the gym for a bit in preparation, but God knows when ANYTHING is gonna happen. Cant count on the government to start processing for new hires in a timely manner, let alone if they'll even process me at all. Military is always a backup, but not my ideal course. I know that once you get near the end of your contract, they can transfer you to a DoD job... but thats 4 more years down the tube. I'll ...make that plan C

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    as an ART, (air force reservist) you can do just that. you will get paid on a dod scale during the week as a full time dod/civilian and art pay during reserve weekends. theyre mainly techs from what i hear, if you fit into one of those, you might look it up some.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    as an ART, (air force reservist) you can do just that. you will get paid on a dod scale during the week as a full time dod/civilian and art pay during reserve weekends. theyre mainly techs from what i hear, if you fit into one of those, you might look it up some.

Yeah, they have some decent DoD police jobs though at Lackland, Randolph, and Fort Sam. Wouldnt mind that at all. All I can do is wait and see.

usajobs is the bane of my existence

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Yeah, they have some decent DoD police jobs though at Lackland, Randolph, and Fort Sam. Wouldnt mind that at all. All I can do is wait and see.

usajobs is the bane of my existence

i am not sure if the af, has a similar database to us, but they have listings similar to usajobs. you might wanna check your .mil account and see if you can find anything.

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    i am not sure if the af, has a similar database to us, but they have listings similar to usajobs. you might wanna check your .mil account and see if you can find anything.

I'll look into it

It's getting pretty tough to get into a DoD job with all our boys coming back from the war.

I just need to get a degree and get on with it... problem is I have no idea what to major in. I dont really have anything I'm good at or interested in besides criminal justice, and thats like the worst degree to get if you want to get into a federal job with like...say, the fbi

Top Bottom