• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Any of you foodies watch "Chopped" or other food shows?

I like to see Padma, she's smoking hot, but sadly is a lib.....whaddyagonna do?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The one thing I don't like about the foodie tv show "Chopped" is their fawning over sometimes appearing gay chefs - kinda disgusts me and not because the sometimes chefs are gay, but the comments by the gay chefs (male and/or female) take every opportunity to mention their same sex husbands or wives, but to stop that (who gives a shit moment.....) I'd be willing for the straights not to mention their spouses either - I don't care about your spouses, I'm interested in your cooking, not your other half.....

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    The one thing I don't like about the foodie tv show "Chopped" is their fawning over sometimes appearing gay chefs - kinda disgusts me and not because the sometimes chefs are gay, but the comments by the gay chefs (male and/or female) take every opportunity to mention their same sex husbands or wives, but to stop that (who gives a shit moment.....) I'd be willing for the straights not to mention their spouses either - I don't care about your spouses, I'm interested in your cooking, not your other half.....

Something about “Chopped” and some of the others is that they don’t take into consideration that every one has a different opinion as to how any dish should taste. Between regional differences of a southern staple like potato salad, there is a strong German influence in parts of Texas as an example. Dishes we take for granted here are prepared differently the farther east you go. My wife never believed that until we traveled to SC for my sons graduation from boot camp. Even chain restaurants vary by regional differences.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    lonestardiver,

Yes, I completely agree.

Not only German, but Czech too. Jagshemash?

P.S. ever dived the wreck of the V.A. Fogg or the Liberty Ships or the A1A rigs?

They were some of my favorites in the gulf, in a life far away and long ago...

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    lonestardiver,

Not all of us have dived everywhere...I completely understand.

Diving (and fishing too) were something of a religion for me for many, many years in the past. I had my Daughter diving with me in foreign lands when she was 14. I wanted her to start at 12, but her Mother forbid it.

Frightened her Mother was....as it turned out my Daughter was an exceptional diver...even worked at a dive shop in her teens....I digress...

She's now in her 50's and still takes care of her own Daughters, though they too are beginning adults...again, I digress...they're both exceptional shooters, ah, yeah, my influence....

I was certified in the 70's and with great good luck got to dive all over the world.

My absolute favorite was the various Caribbean islands, though my most often 'go to' was the Yucatan. I was diving there when tourists were rare and I was often mistaken for a local worker...I loved that.

I didn't dress like some gaudy tourist with a camera hanging on my neck....and ate in local eateries with of course, the locals.. Where if you were a tourist you'd be afraid to go...dumb bunnies didn't appreciate these are/were the best of places to go to eat. Inexpensive with great food and company.....

Oh, the British West Indies were a hoot too along with various over seas Pacific haunts or really cold places like British Columbia where I dove with Killer Whales , but I mus'nt sound too terribly braggadocio.

I'll quit now.....

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I took my NAUI class in 1983 during the first of the year so I could go dive the keys during spring break my first year in college. The Atlantic is quite chilly even with a wetsuit in NC that time of year.

Fortunately with the fire department I have access to the adapter so I can fill my tanks as needed without having to drive all the way into to the other side of Fort Worth (hour drive to dive ship).

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    1C89E32F-22AA-48EE-8DFE-60FBA8ECE87C.jpeg

I think that the prices at the deli counter are high.
    My solution this week was to buy a half pork loin and smoke it.
    Lots of great sandwiches to be enjoyed this week.
    EVOO, garlic powder, Webers spice rub and cherry wood chips.
    Mighty good food for $1.95 a pound.

Attachments

• 1C89E32F-22AA-48EE-8DFE-60FBA8ECE87C.jpeg
      1C89E32F-22AA-48EE-8DFE-60FBA8ECE87C.jpeg
      868.4 KB · Views: 326
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members