• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mod89k5blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    I have a 1911 in 38 Super +P she has a mirror like blue finish. But is a finger print magnet looking for a polish that helps repell finger prints with no abrasives that will harm the finish. Also non-oily. Any suggestions. I know of Renaissance Wax, eezox, flitz but have not tried any of thease. I plan on carrying my 1911 come January 2016 and want to protect the finish for as long as possible. So any suggestions on a polish?
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Johnson's paste wax. It's the old school original way of keeping blue revolvers in the holster rust free. It'll work on things in the blue. Smear it down and let it dry 30mins to an hour. Polish it up. Reapply anytime it's used for an extended time.

I'm surprised the old timers didn't check in on this.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.fzHB-E8vr1eLG1XNdxAxyAHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Flitz is a very effective polishing compound. A lot of guys use those for knives that are on display (e.g., selling them at a gun show). I've been using the same can of Minwax for about 10 years now to protect the finish on my guns. It doesn't take much wax to do the job. It's an old time machine shop trick. In the humidity around here, things like the table on a band saw or drill press would rust over the weekend. Oil protects for a while, but if you think about it, when water condenses on the surface, the water will float away from the metal. Wax does a great job of protecting the surface and doesn't float off. However, wax does NOT polish the surface - if anything it makes it a little more dull.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I like the polish from Costco with lots of onions and mustard.

Smoked are good too.

Top Bottom