• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Might be behind the times here, but what is (are) friends of the NRA. I've read through some of your posts TR, looks like yall do some pretty good things.
    Military Camp

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Friends of NRA is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to raising funds in support of the Shooting Sports. If you go to their website, http://www.friendsofnra.org/ and explore it a bit, you'll find some of the different groups we support, as well as information on how to qualify and apply for the grants. We do a LOT with youth shooting programs, the Eddie Eagle program and the like, and I really enjoy KNOWING that half of the net proceeds we raise stay within our region, where WE get to guide how the funds are distributed. For South Texas, that amounted to over $420,000 that we passed out in January of this year!

There are NO dues, NO mandatory meetings - just a chance to get to know like-minded folks in your community that enjoy "giving back" to the community. We are strictly non-political and non-partisan. To be honest, I've been actively trying to recruit younger folks into our committee, simply to give us better exposure to a different set of ideas and interests. FNRA committees are made up of folks from all walks of life, and all matter of motivation - but in the end we share a common goal.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    F.o.N.R.A.

Might be behind the times here, but what is (are) friends of the NRA. I've read through some of your posts TR, looks like yall do some pretty good things.
    FONRA is a national network of local committees who do fund-raisers for NRA similar to Ducks Unlimited banquets, amongst other things. Each City or area has a committee which is composed of local folks who support NRA, TSRA, and the Second Amendment. For instance, the committee I belonged to had a doctor, dentist, attorneys, history teacher, gun shop owner, printer, construction guy, retirees, ranchers, & a policeman. We met monthly, sometimes with a supper meal, to plan our activities, prepare for the annual banquet, contact sponsors, and decide which local charities or youth programs to support. What most folks see is the annual banquet / auction / party. Just think; what good would Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, or the Safari Club be; if we had no firearms ? I'm sure that your local range or gun shop can tell you who to call to volunteer. If not, contact TSRA HQ in Austin.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    If anyone is interested in the corpus area. We're holding a committee meeting to settle on a venue for next year and some early prep work. Shoot me a PM. The meeting is Wednesday.

There will be food.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yeah....unfortunately, it happens sometimes. BUT - anyone interested can contact the area Rep (Liz Foley), an' she'll help get things started again.
    The thought has definitely crossed my mind. The question is ... if it's built, WILL they come? :confused:

half joking / half serious

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If you've never been to a FNRA event, you really, really need to go. You hang out with a bunch of people who like the same stuff we do, have raffles for guns and other fun stuff, eat some great food - all in all, a great time!

And, occasionally you get to bump into a few TGT characters.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You'd be surprised.....yeah, it's work - but it's also fun. And knowing what the $$$ you raise is going for makes it all the more so. We approved over $410k in grants back in January from our 2012 events, and as it stands right now, that number is going to jump to over a half-million dollars from this years' efforts.

And - bear in mind, that's JUST for South Texas!

TexasGunGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    near Houston, Texas.
    It's where they have a banquet and you get caught up in the bidding process and pay $2500 for a gun worth about $900 and you tell your husband it was a $1000 and realize you are in the dog house.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's where they have a banquet and you get caught up in the bidding process and pay $2500 for a gun worth about $900 and you tell your husband it was a $1000 and realize you are in the dog house.

I've paid more than that for a gun worth less than that with the wife sitting right next to me. We're there to raise funds for the shooting sports - and that's MORE than worth it, IMO. Then again, I've seen folks win some pretty nice guns in the bucket and raffle games, too - including myself!

TexasGunGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    near Houston, Texas.
    I've paid more than that for a gun worth less than that with the wife sitting right next to me. We're there to raise funds for the shooting sports - and that's MORE than worth it, IMO. Then again, I've seen folks win some pretty nice guns in the bucket and raffle games, too - including myself!

I don't regret it but will take it to the grave what I really paid for it when it comes to my lovely husband. :)

Top Bottom