• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Picked these up today from my local FFL. Got a killer deal for both from an out of state independent dealer.

98C71C23-FB66-4F1D-9831-C33D8BE09EE6.jpeg

FN FNX-45 Tactical with Vortex Venom.
    HK P30SK.

Attachments

• 98C71C23-FB66-4F1D-9831-C33D8BE09EE6.jpeg
      98C71C23-FB66-4F1D-9831-C33D8BE09EE6.jpeg
      2.3 MB · Views: 253
    Last edited:

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I had one shortly after they came out but I let a guy, and his $, talk me out of it. I hadn't seen one for a while and this one appeared today.

Got mine from a guy that had bought a 19X AND the Sig P320. He decided to keep the Sig and sold this to me at a really good price. Worked out well for both of us.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A pound of Pyrodex (cost $8.00), a Ruger 10/22 mag (cost $12.00), and three books:

1) Department Of The Army Technical Manual - TM9-1276 (aka: Department Of The Air Force Technical order TO339-5AD-2), Cal. .30 Carbines, M1, M1A1, M2 And M3, U.S.Government printing office 1953. (Cost - $4.00.)

2) The Ruger 1022 Exotic Weapons System (the original, not the revised edition), Paladin Press 1983. (Cost - $10.00.)

3) Home Workshop Guns For Defense And Resistance, Paladin Press 1977. (Cost - $4.00.)

I got these at an estate sale; I would have much rather bought some guns there but the gun prices were prohibitive and they did idiotic and I guess greed driven things like removing the bayonets from a few SKS rifles they were selling and then trying to sell the bayonets for $28.00 apiece apart from the rifles.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Installed on the P-01 today: Meprolight front tritium sight and Dawson Precision rear tritium sight, CZ Custom aluminum grips and screws and Cajun Gun Works aluminum guide rod.

View attachment 203439

The Dawson sights came as a set but I much prefer the stock size and length of the Meprolight front, hence the swap. I love the Dawson rear sight though so I just ended up having to build my own package using the two. The Meprolight front sight can be purchased individually.
    View attachment 203440

View attachment 203441

Also picked up a leather holster from Amazon.
    View attachment 203442

Also installed steel machined grips from CZ Custom on the RAMI. This is fast becoming my do all pistol, amazingly accurate for such a small gun and easily the most natural pointing small pistol I've tried so far. It doesn't jump around when fired and I've got 11 rounds at my disposal (14 with extended mag), it easily fits in a pocket.
    View attachment 203443

Holster from CZ Custom.
    View attachment 203444

Is that a Cardini holster for your P01? If so, how do you like it?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Picked up two Remington Boxes of Power - 575 rounds of Viper 22LR Hyper Velocity ammo. They were asking $44.00 each (at an estate sale) but got them for half that being it was the last day of the sale. Also picked up a 50 round box of Perfecta 230 grain, FMJ, brass cased, boxer primed 45 Auto ammo for $8.00. I also got some wire brushes, a couple of fine files, a small pair of needle-nose pliers, assorted zip ties - everything was half off today. Got a 5 pack of dust masks for $1.50 (could have been the last ones in TX, I use em for refinishing work) there yesterday with some other large zip ties (yesterday things were 25% off listed prices).

Half off was okay on the things I got today and 25% off was okay on the things I got yesterday but I think most items they had for sale were so high priced that they were asking too much even at half off the original asking price. Their firearms, they had several when I went there on Wednesday (first day of the sale), were sky high - maybe higher and out in orbit. I am happy though with what I got though at the prices I paid.

They had a huge amount of things left over (at about 11AM this morning when I left there): three rifles, several air guns, firearms accessories, brass casings, ammo, tools (probably high hundreds maybe thousands of tools remaining), electronics meters and gear, clothes, books, housewares, furniture - they would have sold an awful lot more had their prices started a bit better. The sale ends at 2PM.

Who knows, by now maybe all that is gone, but I doubt it because their prices for old used stuff was often higher than it goes for new today. For instance, they had an old copy of Poor Man's James Bond 2 with a price tag of $82.00. You can get it brand spanking new for under $45 at Amazon. Funny thing, they had the original for $10 a few days ago. I offered them $5.00 for the one they still had today, the woman said no way and laughed and I just replied "$5 is better than NO dollars". I wished her good luck selling it too and was not too sarcastic about it. I kind of doubt it will sell at even half that price since it's used.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Got my second hand used and damaged MP5 rear diopter sight installed on my MP5K PDW. Just can't find new HK components anywhere these days, everyone's buying them to upgrade their SP5s.

Top Bottom