Join TexasGunTalk

What gun did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by tC_Matt, Feb 11, 2016.

1. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Sorry for your loss. I hope you got it all out of California quickly.

2. cbp210

cbp210 Active Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am in the process of getting a Syren Over and Under shotgun but still shopping around.

3. topduarte

topduarte Well-Known

Feb 27, 2017
    Colt SAA from 1876 in 45 Colt. 4 clicks. All original except ejector. Colt letter sent to NYC.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    SQLGeek, RedArmy, diesel1959 and 6 others like this.
  4. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Condolences on your loss. It hurts to think about what a family treasure you would have is he had opened up and given a history of each piece. But I understand as my father was in the Philippines and New Guinea during WWII and he never talked about it. I have his pup tent from then. It's complete (2 halves) and I don't know why as each soldier carried a half and 2 slept in a tent. Maybe being a supply Sgt had it's perks? I also have his **** cap and Ike jacket he wore home complete with the ruptured duck.

TexasPatriot1916 likes this.
  5. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It’s sort of common for the Greatest Generation to not talk about what they witnessed or did in WWII.

I can certainly sympathize...I can’t even imagine what those brave souls went thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. GoPappy

GoPappy Active Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Very, very nice. Wouldn't you love to hear some of the stories that old boy could tell?

7. llbts1

llbts1 New Member

May 19, 2018
    Aledo, Texas
    I had some great uncles that served in WWII. About 50 years ago I asked one of them about the war. I was maybe 10 years old. I was expecting stories of battles, where he was located, ect. He looked at me with sad eyes and said it was a horrible thing and I hope that you never have to go through anything like it. He patted me on the head and turned around and walked off. I've never forgot that. We, this country, this world, are blessed to have men and women like that.
    Truly, the Greatest Generation.

8. Pops1955

Pops1955 Active Member

Mar 10, 2015
    AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasPatriot1916 likes this.
  9. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Picked up this little lady (ok, so she's more like a STOUT fastpitch softball player) from my FFL today.

POF Edge in 6.5 Creedmoor w/magpul prs?, some kind of custom camo pattern, 20" barrel, and the absolute best trigger of any non-bolt and non-1911/2011 I've EVER felt. I'm buying a trigger gauge just because I'm dying to know exactly how many pounds it takes to fire.

I'm DYING to shoot this thing. It's so pretty I want to get it dirty.

I have to drive to Fort Worth @ 5 am tomorrow to sell a car, and then family stuff in Dallas in the afternoon, then family stuff here at home Sunday. God would understand if I go to the range instead of church Sunday, right? Problem is my I don't want to let my wife down. She already makes a lot of allowances for work, hunting, and competitions. She's a sweetheart, and I want to spend time with her when I don't have other actual obligations.

I feel like I'm 16 again, and have a girl who agreed to go out with me, but our schedules prevent it for 2 days.

First 4 pics are from the ad I bought it from, the rest are on our kitchen counter, right here by the Concho river here in San Angelo.

Attached Files:

RedArmy, EZ-E, TxStetson and 5 others like this.
  10. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    And yes, that IS a $25 caldwell bipod on there... just for pics. I ordered the Magpul bipod, and if I end up really liking shooting this thing, I'll probably buy my first 'real' (according to people with more taste than me) bipod and get an Atlas.