• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    Bought two .22 rifles, first is a Winchester Wildcat just because I recently read about it in the American Rifleman magazine and the price was right, two Benjamins and an Andy Jackson. Next was a 10/22 that was a good price. I have a bull barrel, an improved trigger, an Archangel stock, a poly recoil bar, extended mag release, and a Vortex Rimfire scope for a build project.
    UPDATE
    I built up the 10/22, using an Archangel stock, Nikon Rimfire Scope, fluted threaded bull barrel, extended magazine release and a BX-2 trigger. Added a bipod Basically the only thing original is the receiver and bolt. Whoever has to change the barrel in the future is going to cuss me out. I used a hair dryer to heat the receiver frame for about 10 minutes where it was too hot to handle, and chilled the barrel in the freezer for 2 hours and still had to use a rawhide mallet to tap it in. It is snug to say the least. Threw a can on it, now see if the weather cooperates to try it out. Not sure if the bolt will cycle with sub sonic ammo in this setup.

Attachments

• 1022 Archangel~1.jpg
      1022 Archangel~1.jpg
      335.8 KB · Views: 97
    • 1022 Archangel~2.jpg
      1022 Archangel~2.jpg
      349.2 KB · Views: 98
    • 1022 Archangel~3.jpg
      1022 Archangel~3.jpg
      320 KB · Views: 94
    • 1022 Archangel~4.jpg
      1022 Archangel~4.jpg
      304.7 KB · Views: 95

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Probably one of the best pump shotguns ever made. It was my older brother's first shotgun and his came with the 18" barrel and the long bird hunting barrel. It has been used for over 20 years and has never failed. A cousin has the same combination and it's the only shotgun he has.

If I remember correctly, back then it was less than $300 for the shotgun with 2 barrels and a pistol grip.

I have an older Maverick 88 that came as a pistol grip only shotgun years ago. Great little home defense shotgun.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Ordered a mossberg maverick 88 18.5” barrel with 3” chamber for a truck gun…
    My first gunbroker order. Should have it next week.
    It will be a truck gun with 00 buck
    With shipping and tax was only $308.
    Order the OpSol adapter (made in Texas) and if you can find any Aguila 1 3/4 buckshot you can get 9 +1 rounds of buckshot.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Ammo Shop on Line has 1 3/4'' slugs and buckshot. I ordered some, and have not shot it.
    It is made in Russia.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Ordered a mossberg maverick 88 18.5” barrel with 3” chamber for a truck gun…
    My first gunbroker order. Should have it next week.
    It will be a truck gun with 00 buck
    With shipping and tax was only $308.
    My local Academy has the FDE security model in stock. This is my home defense gun with #4 buck.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Gen1 or Gen2. I load Lehigh defense bullets for these and makes a very nice pocket carry. Never had a failure. The .32ACP is still alive.

I believe its a Gen2 as it doesn’t have that little removable piece in the front of the slide.
    The old Seecamp had to be retired due to a cracked slide. Needed a small light carry gun.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom