• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    e1f5640cdbc2dc567feb89d466265e72.jpg
    Darkpriest and I can create a canik club starting today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Picked up it’s little brother from the FFL today.

fb3cbf3de3d8a5d5ee1a7f8c5dfe5299.jpg

Helpful hint: You gotta keep the chamber super clean on these for best functioning. Take a bore snake with you when you go shoot it. After 3 or 4 mags run the bore snake thru it a couple/three times and she should run without choking.
    Also take along a short .22cal cleaning rod or rod section. When a case gets stuck in the chamber its a simple matter to punch it out with the rod. Don't try to dig it out with a knife tip on the rim. All you'll do is scratch up the breech face.
    These guns do not have an extractor. Successful cycling relies on pressure from blowback to eject the empty case. Grit/fouling in the chamber will impede smooth operation.
    Polishing the chamber with a bore mop and a little Flitz polishing compound helps as well.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Helpful hint: You gotta keep the chamber super clean on these for best functioning. Take a bore snake with you when you go shoot it. After 3 or 4 mags run the bore snake thru it a couple/three times and she should run without choking.
    Also take along a short .22cal cleaning rod or rod section. When a case gets stuck in the chamber its a simple matter to punch it out with the rod. Don't try to dig it out with a knife tip on the rim. All you'll do is scratch up the breech face.
    These guns do not have an extractor. Successful cycling relies on pressure from blowback to eject the empty case. Grit/fouling in the chamber will impede smooth operation.
    Polishing the chamber with a bore mop and a little Flitz polishing compound helps as well.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll start bringing along a bore snake whenever I take this thing out to the range.

It definitely did get fouling in the chamber pretty quick, but what’s funny is that I had more malfunctions in the first couple of mags I ran through it when it was clean, and then somehow ran flawlessly as it got dirtier lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It definitely did get fouling in the chamber pretty quick, but what’s funny is that I had more malfunctions in the first couple of mags I ran through it when it was clean, and then somehow ran flawlessly as it got dirtier lol.

Brass was probably sticking in the clean chambers. Enough carbon gave it some lube.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Been looking for a while for a 10/22 takedown in stainless with a threaded barrel. Was watching the local news last night, they had a story about the gun and ammo shortage. The store they featured was Adelbridge in San Antonio, low and behold they had 2 of them, they now only have 1. It was a fair price, not gouging, they told me they have 2200 guns in stock, lots of ammo too, price was somewhat reasonable too.

AdRock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2020
    SA
    Been looking for a while for a 10/22 takedown in stainless with a threaded barrel. Was watching the local news last night, they had a story about the gun and ammo shortage. The store they featured was Adelbridge in San Antonio, low and behold they had 2 of them, they now only have 1. It was a fair price, not gouging, they told me they have 2200 guns in stock, lots of ammo too, price was somewhat reasonable too.

Congrats. The guys at Adelbridge are good guys, I live near there and stop in fairly often. They've got tons of weapons in there and like everybody else they're swamped from open to close. I might have to stop in if the ammo is a decent price as you say. Last time I was in there it was on the "made me say hold crap" side when I looked at the price.

Top Bottom