ARJ Defense ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    What rifle? Bbl length etc? you run it up at all? im getting 2800 fps w H4350 from a 24" Savage. I got some IMR 4350 to try also

It’s a Savage Axis II Precision with a 24” barrel (I think?). I’m sure there’s another accuracy node a little hotter than I was running that day. I wasn’t too far from the published max load, but there was zero pressure signsat all. The primers looked fine and no issue with bolt lift. May bust the chrono out again Wednesday. Hoping to get out to American Shooting Center and check the speed on what looks like a really good load with Accurate 4350, and then ring some steel at 600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I got my order in yesterday from inline fabrication. Unfortunately it was so late in the afternoon I didn’t get to play with it yesterday. This morning got to open the box and start unwrapping the goodies.

Very impressed with the quality so far. Apparently, a good portion of your purchase price goes into tape and bubble wrap for shipping LOL. They want to make sure you get it without a scratch on it and all the hardware in place.

Attachments

• F926E510-852E-4E64-9D39-316F8F0FC4AA.jpeg
      F926E510-852E-4E64-9D39-316F8F0FC4AA.jpeg
      415.9 KB · Views: 60
    • 68F0AB05-A706-498D-91D4-5A3CD0FDFEC2.jpeg
      68F0AB05-A706-498D-91D4-5A3CD0FDFEC2.jpeg
      427.5 KB · Views: 59
    • DB7B27DF-1EDE-41D9-9577-216934923353.jpeg
      DB7B27DF-1EDE-41D9-9577-216934923353.jpeg
      273.7 KB · Views: 62

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I got my order in yesterday from inline fabrication. Unfortunately it was so late in the afternoon I didn’t get to play with it yesterday. This morning got to open the box and start unwrapping the goodies.

Very impressed with the quality so far. Apparently, a good portion of your purchase price goes into tape and bubble wrap for shipping LOL. They want to make sure you get it without a scratch on it and all the hardware in place.
    Damn what did you order?

Im impressed with what I got. I am looking into their rail / bin system

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels

Niiiice! :D

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Damn what did you order?

Im impressed with what I got. I am looking into their rail / bin system
    I got the bench quick mount, 5 wall mounts for storage, 5 quick mount adapters (4 for presses and 1 for a vise).

I was looking at their wall/pin mounts, but that may have to be another day.

I really wanted this system where I can use my workbench for other things that do not include Reloading.

Very impressed with their quality.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I got the bench quick mount, 5 wall mounts for storage, 5 quick mount adapters (4 for presses and 1 for a vise).

I was looking at their wall/pin mounts, but that may have to be another day.

I really wanted this system where I can use my workbench for other things that do not include Reloading.

Very impressed with their quality.
    Whoa....wait....there are other things besides reloading?

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Made some homemade case lube today. Used a 12 oz bottle of Iso Heet from the auto parts store and 1 oz (out of a 4 oz bottle) of liquid lanolin I bought off Amazon. Wish I would have been using this stuff the whole time. I had no idea what I was doing when I started reloading, so I picked up a tub of Hornady Unique case wax. It worked great, and lasted for a LOOOOOONG time! But the spray lube I made is so easy to use, and doesn’t make your hands so damn greasy feeling!

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Loaded up 50 22br, 25 with Barnes 52 gr and 25 with Berger 52 gr. for next week’s trip to the range. Loaded 30br for a trip to Dietz in New Braunfels for the Varmint for Group match tomorrow.
    Cleaned a bunch of 6.5 Creedmoor and 22br brass from Thursday and Fridays range trips. Retirement is hard work, haha.

Last edited:

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Reloaded 45 rounds of 45 Colt...185 grain swaged lead SWC over three different powders, 15 round each - Red Dot, TiteGroup and Bullseye. Trying to build some low-recoil rounds to use to teach new shooters the wonders of the revolver. Hopefully this new-to-me Taurus Judge will give an acceptable performance with at least one of these loads, so I can continue to use it while shooting with the son-in-law, granddaughter and nephew.

Top Bottom