What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    Haven't done much yet but once I get back from the grocery store, I'm going into production because I hate running low on ammo.

IMG_6739.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Starting to get hot so I figure I should do some casting before it gets bad. Went out and cast up 100+ 300gr 454 bullets tonight. I would have done more but the 2 cavity mold is really slow. I really like the 6 cavity molds.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DaveyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2022
    Houston
    Not today but a few days ago tested 5 loads for .30-30AI H&R with 155gr Amax and CFE223. Decided on a load, and will load a cache of 50 this weekend. I'll test the same charge with Speer 150gr FN in the Marlin 336.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Now thats something you dont see every day
    Great cartridge, though. I find the history of the basic .30-30 case and how it's been modified into some really great cartridges fascinating. There was a time when I would have given a pretty penny for 1000 .30 American cases but, alas, my days of experimenting are behind me.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Great cartridge, though. I find the history of the basic .30-30 case and how it's been modified into some really great cartridges fascinating. There was a time when I would have given a pretty penny for 1000 .30 American cases but, alas, my days of experimenting are behind me.
    IMO, one of the greatest ever derived from the 30-30 case was the 7-30 Waters. Loaded with superior 7mm Spitzer type bullets in a single shot rifle and it's a very accurate round for many game animals and targets.

Import

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Copperas Cove

What little I've read about the .35x30-30 wildcat sounds great. Like a .35 Rem but you'll never run out of brass.

Top Bottom