Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Ordered some primed 2 1/2" Fiocchi 410 shells and will consider reloading some 410 as it is almost unobtaineum.
    Ordered this

I have a Governor, my only 410. But I have ammo for guns that I don't have so what's one more?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Decided to start inventorying the brass drawer.
    Holy shite. It’s hell to get old.
    1300+ .38Spl
    375 .44mag - nickeled. I’d slap forgot them. Haven’t reloaded 44mag in 20yrs. LoL
    800+ 10mm
    More to go.
    ABDAB7A2-263F-42D7-AD4D-10E56B3E0F8C.gif

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    That’s a steal from what I’m reading on other forums.

I’ll do without if I have to deal with Larry for a couple pounds and all the costly regulations.

I’ll go ahead and say it here first: I think I’m losing interest in shooting anymore.
    I have a grandson that will get the hardware and wife’s cousin who will get all the rifle ammo since I don’t think he’s much of a pistolero. Three tours so he may be, I don’t know, we don’t talk about it.

I definitely shoot so I can reload and fondle my firearms!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I’ll go ahead and say it here first: I think I’m losing interest in shooting anymore.

I understand this statement.

Reloading has a weird effect on your shooting habits. It's a hobby in itself and isn't necessarily 100% tied to shooting.

Ammo prices are really starting to hurt my feelings.

Component availability is still very scarce.

And over the years I have spent 10x more time watching my kids shoot instead of me doing the shooting.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I’m sure we’ve all heard the adage: do I shoot to have something to reload or do I reload to have something to shoot?

I thought after moving to Pearland(first time living away from Big D)I’d quit shooting since I was also leaving Mickey Lowrey’s River lease. I was there three to four times a week but I found Tomball Gun Club and that place was magical as well(but a little contained, but tolerable)but for the last year this new club president has transformed it into what he wanted it to be and for his style of shooting.

I just can’t get excited about going anymore so the ammo fort gets larger and yet I keep on cranking rounds out since it’s what I do to keep sane.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yesterday I primed some 6.5 needmore virgin Hornady brass. Cci 34

Today:
    Shot some 6.5 Grendel loads for an accuracy test. Using Lapua 108 scenars at Ramshot Tac started at 29 gr and moved up to 29.9 which seemed to either be a max load or just under based off a few sources. Looking for something flatter shooting than 123 SST or 130 ELD-m.
    Had one decent group (top right) at 29.6 gr Tac, the rest were basically trash. 2.26 coal.
    B38D7211-AB26-4EE5-B937-B5F43D4F73C5.jpeg

Pretty much been the same with Tac and 123 SST, BL-(c)2 and 123 SST. H335 was a little better with the 123, maybe I’ll try it with the 108’s

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I've got about 14 pounds of lovex equivalent a5 powder left. I've loaded thousands of rounds with it. It's a pretty good all around powder.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I think ... I glanced at my reloading table ... no wait ... I put a screwdriver down on it while working on an electric tug.
    And I also realized that I have a batch of 50 .308s loaded with a new bullet and different powder charges. And I have been just looking for an excuse to go one weekend morning. And I've been forgetting. I gotta go to the range!!

Top Bottom