Join TexasGunTalk

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Moonpie, Aug 6, 2015.

1. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Yeah, that hurt. That was enough to get me to spend some coin on good, electronic in the ear protection. It's too tempting to remove ear pro on a hot day.

2. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Been processing 6 creed brass after the night match a few weeks ago. Having to sort through and check after mixing some old brass (from 3 barrels ago) that is starting to show case head separation signs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Bradmartin78

Bradmartin78 Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Finished loading the last 60 168 Amax for my M1A on the Lyman All American. Moved over to the 650 and ran 500 223 to wrap up the night.

4. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I've got a defensive pistol match on Saturday. My Canik barrel is out being throated, I haven't had a chance to shoot the 5906 nor do I have a holster for it yet. That leaves me shooting a 1911 which I had kind of planned on anyway.

I went out and loaded up 398 rounds of .45 ACP. 4.2 gr WST under a RBS 201KT. Mixed brass and S&B primers. I put all the rounds through my seven hole EGW case gauge and they all passed with flying colors.

I had loaded 300 rounds of this same load about 10 days ago but shot some at my last range trip. The match is scheduled for around 120 rounds so I decided to be safe rather than sorry.

I do love the Dillon 650, it's quick and easy to make a lot of good ammo.

I had one piece of cracked brass and one primer somehow went in sideways. I've still got some movement in my bench so I'm blaming the sideways primer on that.

If ya want to shoot a fun match this Saturday come out to Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club. Everyone is welcome. You'll need a holster as we draw and fire from the holster. Match starts at 0900. Be there early to register and for the safety briefing. Cost is $15, I think, for non-members.

deemus likes this.
  5. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    The match sounds fun but you're far away I think. I've been itching to get into matches. I did 2 that a local range out on and won them both. They were zombie themed 3-gun shoots. They did about 6 but I only got into the first one and the last one. Won them both though. First time I ever realized I was kinda good at this

I've been having issues with my 45 loads. I loaded a Lee 230gr tuncated powder coat sized at .452. I originally loaded them at the same length as my XTP loads figuring the truncated cone profile would mirror the XTPs. None would go into battery. They stopped about 1/8" short, but if I palmed the back of the slide it would seat most of the time and shot fine. I ran all 1050± back through my press and bumped the bullet a little deeper and tight need the crimp a little. They seemed to function ok in a dry run but when I got to the range this past weekend they were doing the same thing. I think I've figured out that the load was too light which is causing part of it and the throat is tight which may be causing part as well. I'm gonna try bumping a few a little further back tonight and see if they will chamber any better. I was afraid of increasing pressure when i shortened them but they still felt pretty wimpy so I think I'm safe

Note to self: the 15kg powder was $350 because there's no load data for it...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

6. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Another note to self: don't ever load 1000 rounds without testing g the damn things first!!!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

TheMailMan likes this.
  7. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Ouch

8. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Spent $300

Got 50 pieces of brass and 40 bullets coming.

By the end of summer I will smile at the loud ring of a steel silhouette at 1800+ yards away.

41434609589749ca4b1ef8827ba40e57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce likes this.
  9. pbratton

pbratton New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Does explosively disassembling rounds at the range count?

Vaquero likes this.
  10. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Only if you save the brass.

rp-, Younggun and Vaquero like this.