Military Camp

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Your needs might vary from mine. For me, an average shooter who does not shoot in competitions, I don’t think I have the need for that level of precision. As long as my loads are within a “minute of deer” I am good.
    Most can shoot bugeye holes without using an AOL gauge so I don't see a need. IMO
    Thanks for the input. With the 2 calibers I have primarily reloaded, both are extremely accurate, but I got to reading on stuff and figured maybe I need a new "mousetrap" :)

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the input. With the 2 calibers I have primarily reloaded, both are extremely accurate, but I got to reading on stuff and figured maybe I need a new "mousetrap" :)
    Yep. Years ago I was all about improving accuracy and I even got to the point of turning the necks and weighing the cases and bullets, I finally figured out that I'm not a "great" shot so now I focus on fun. That doesn't mean I regret my pursuit of accuracy and I would do it again.

Go for it.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Was lucky enough to find two boxes of .308 150gr Interlock at Academy. Hopefully I can get some load testing done soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Was lucky enough to find two boxes of .308 150gr Interlock at Academy. Hopefully I can get some load testing done soon.

I posted this in the good deals thread a while back. Maybe it's not a good deal because they are still in stock.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010474050?pid=235800

I have 200 of these and 200 of the 180s shipped right now

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin

It isnt that you cant improve with that tooling. It's just that for most people, the real gains come from spending a little more money on quality components, being consistent in processes, and shooting more. Most of the ink spilled about accuracy seems focused on everything without regard for the shooter behind the trigger and the machine.

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    Just processed some military brass today. 1943 Saint Louis 30-06. Never fired and so I took out the corrosive primers since my Great Uncle had pulled the bullets previously. The necks needed resizing and the pockets needed trimmed to remove the crimp.

7d9c7b3cc725657254fb6111c341ffa5.jpg

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Picked up a Lee Perfect Powder Measure this morning. Decided to get the powder measure after having to weigh out 50 powder charges to build a ladder to check which load works best in my revolver. That was a PITA but necessary. It did teach me that I don't want to be weighing out 100 powder charges manually when I load 100 rounds. I also lucked out and picked up an additional 200 small pistol primers. Starting to run some new brass through the sizing die in preparation for loading them tomorrow and have 50 pieces of brass primed and ready to go.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I posted this in the good deals thread a while back. Maybe it's not a good deal because they are still in stock.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010474050?pid=235800

I have 200 of these and 200 of the 180s shipped right now

I just ordered 200 of the 150 grain. Thought about ordering a box of the 180, but unless I can find some primers and powder, I won’t be loading any .308, 30.06, or any other rifle rounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Yesterday I annealed, sized cleaned then trimmed some 223ai then loaded 100up. Then loaded a couple hundred 6 creeds up.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    965d836276f9334ec4021cb2fef6ec6e.jpg

I received about 500 rounds of .38 special from a widowed neighbor. Tried some yesterday and they’re cowboy loads, very low recoil. I think I’ll get busy using my kinetic bullet puller to repurpose these. I would rather have the primers but I don’t want to damage them so I’ll just do a different load under the same bullets.
    :) What would you guys do with them?

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    965d836276f9334ec4021cb2fef6ec6e.jpg

I received about 500 rounds of .38 special from a widowed neighbor. Tried some yesterday and they’re cowboy loads, very low recoil. I think I’ll get busy using my kinetic bullet puller to repurpose these. I would rather have the primers but I don’t want to damage them so I’ll just do a different load under the same bullets.
    :) What would you guys do with them?

I recently finished pulling 1k of water damaged 357mags that I got cheap.

Used a kinetic hammer. It was a lot of work. I put a 3/4" pvc cap on the end.to save my hammer when i started seeing stress cracks.

No the collet on the kinetic hammer doesn't damage the brass. But it is slow, so I switched to using my shell holder in the hammer and that CAN damage the rim of the brass if you go full retard.
    I had a friend help, and he is retarded because he messed some up.

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I recently finished pulling 1k of water damaged 357mags that I got cheap.

Used a kinetic hammer. It was a lot of work. I put a 3/4" pvc cap on the end.to save my hammer when i started seeing stress cracks.

No the collet on the kinetic hammer doesn't damage the brass. But it is slow, so I switched to using my shell holder in the hammer and that CAN damage the rim of the brass if you go full retard.
    I had a friend help, and he is retarded because he messed some up.

Gotta try the shell holder thing and I'll remember the 3/4 pvc cap thing.

Top Bottom