Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    Sized, checked, and lubed some RCBS 30-165 SL bullets.

I am fortunate in that I have a place inside to work though I don’t cast inside so no making any bullets that I need.

d502c7122339eb59fe72808d29828ea1.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just finished topping off this baby! A total of 1200 minty fresh rounds of 9mm with my favorite flavor of bullet right now 135gr rnfp plated by xtreme. All in once fired brass. Decided to make good use of my recent shut-in status. I'm actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_215706948.jpg
      IMG_20210218_215706948.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 74

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Just finished topping off this baby! A total of 1200 minty fresh rounds of 9mm with my favorite flavor of bullet right now 135gr rnfp plated by xtreme. All in once fired brass. Decided to make good use of my recent shut-in status. I'm actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow.

RN = round nose
    FP = flat point

????????

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Spent some time researching reloading 224 Valkyrie. Turns out there are some unusual steps for that round. For example they suggest full length resize every time, and also case length trimming every time due to the small case size and high velocities of that round.

Did the full length resize on 100 cases, and ordered the Lee case length gauge. When I get the guage I plan to trim them and load some rounds for a ladder test.

There’s been no problem ordering supplies for that round I guess due to its newness. Dies, case length guage and bullets (78-90g) were all in stock.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Spent some time researching reloading 224 Valkyrie. Turns out there are some unusual steps for that round. For example they suggest full length resize every time, and also case length trimming every time due to the small case size and high velocities of that round.

Did the full length resize on 100 cases, and ordered the Lee case length gauge. When I get the guage I plan to trim them and load some rounds for a ladder test.

There’s been no problem ordering supplies for that round I guess due to its newness. Dies, case length guage and bullets (78-90g) were all in stock.
    I wouldn't say it's newness but more the fact many people are moving away from it.

Bought my gun late in the game and took a hit just to dump it off.

I wasn't impressed at all with it.

Hope you enjoy it though.

Nothing really wrong with it but nothing right either.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Likely a light spring kit. I had that issue with a 556 AR of mine. I swapped out the springs and those same rounds shot fine.

I have another AR I left that light spring kit in. I use BR primers for all the rounds shot through that gun. It shoots great.

I am kind of digging the Valkyrie. I think it will be a fine antelope gun. Good ballistics and its 5 pounds lighter than my 6.5 CM AR. When you have a 1-2000 yd stalk, 5 lbs is a big difference. My daughter took her first deer with the Valkyrie this year. She loves the light recoil.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Am thinking of buying an OAL gauge and the modified cases to ensure more consistent bullet seating depth. Does anyone use one or recommend? I have loaded a lot of 204 Ruger and 223 without, but want other perspective.

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    Am thinking of buying an OAL gauge and the modified cases to ensure more consistent bullet seating depth. Does anyone use one or recommend? I have loaded a lot of 204 Ruger and 223 without, but want other perspective.

Your needs might vary from mine. For me, an average shooter who does not shoot in competitions, I don’t think I have the need for that level of precision. As long as my loads are within a “minute of deer” I am good.

Top Bottom