What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I scoured the internet for Trail Boss powder but was unlucky.
    Bought 1000 .224 55gr FMJ bullets.
    Now that my 300 blackout brass is cleaned, need to work up some loads.
    Funny tidbit about the current market.

Viht N32C is similar to Trail Boss (might be a good alternative for you) as a bulky powder good for CAS loads.

Powder Valley had some last night and it's my current hobby to find powder and primers even though I don't need anything.

Put 12 in my cart but only 9 in stock. Few minutes later down to 5. Few minutes later 0 left.

I think people are buying anything available just to have something.

Seen similar with powders geared toward 50 BMG and shotgun powders. Powders not really any good for most cartridges are going faster than they should.

*edit to add: If you miss powder somewhere look at other sites. Shipments seem to come in everywhere about the same time of the same powders.
    Gun Zone Deals

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    If I manage to get my hands on a pound, will you trade your Kimber for it? :D
    I may have some small pistol primers that I would trade. I forgot I had the Kimber listed, will need to bump the listing or close it for another day.
    I never asked how did those dies worked out?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I may have some small pistol primers that I would trade. I forgot I had the Kimber listed, will need to bump the listing or close it for another day.

I don't need primers though. :D I'm kidding of course but I definitely have the wants for that Kimber.

I never asked how did those dies worked out?

Splendidly! Thank you again. I owe you a couple of frosty beverages.

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Primed my first batch of 50 Hornady 38 SPL brand new cases for the first time. Getting ready to try to find a good practice load for my .357 snubble using Power Pistol and X-Treme 125 grn flat point plated cast bullets (will be the first rounds I have loaded in years & years).

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Now I'm just playing with colors
    b37f5620c1adce7d04278ee52fa7e6fe.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I finally got my shipment of 55gr FMJ .224 boolets. Now I need to go shooting so I have some more brass :)
    Am making a swap tomorrow to pick up a 9oz can of Trailboss. I'm hardheaded and will give it a try. With the weather being what it is, going to try to work up some loads in the next couple of days.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Funny tidbit about the current market.

Viht N32C is similar to Trail Boss (might be a good alternative for you) as a bulky powder good for CAS loads.

Powder Valley had some last night and it's my current hobby to find powder and primers even though I don't need anything.

Put 12 in my cart but only 9 in stock. Few minutes later down to 5. Few minutes later 0 left.

I think people are buying anything available just to have something.

Seen similar with powders geared toward 50 BMG and shotgun powders. Powders not really any good for most cartridges are going faster than they should.

*edit to add: If you miss powder somewhere look at other sites. Shipments seem to come in everywhere about the same time of the same powders.

And there my friend in a nutshell is why there is a shortage

Reactions: rp-

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finally got around to sorting brass from recent range trips. Didn’t realize I had so many steel cases in my pickups.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Cabin fever?
    Yep. Off work early yesterday so I cast up a few hundred. Off work early today so I coated them. Looks like I might not be working Monday but it'll be too damn cold to stand outside casting.

I did pickup a few boxes of 7.62x39 SST bullets today on a lucky find at academy. Maybe I'll load some up.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Checked out another academy today after work and picked up two more boxes of 7.62 SSTs. What a day!

Top Bottom