Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Damn. I'm sorry but I'm glad you found some.
    Wow! Prices for primers are going crazy now a days ! Beware of scammers!
    Yep but he was a good guy, not a scammer. Just selling off what he had excess to his needs and charging the going rate more or less for those of us who have not found the holy grail yet (SP primers in stock at Miday, Brownells, etc,). You think $185.00 is bad? Gun show prices went from $125.00 a thousand to $250.00 to $300.00 per thousand in 3 weeks then there is a certain guy that wants 50¢ a piece for primers. That's $500.00 a brick. So $185.00 didn't seem so bad and gives me time to go hunting for the "Holy Grail of reloading"..

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Bought a bunch of stuff from an estate sale about 5 years ago. I paid more than the sticker says, but man.....

33A6A89D-3F40-465B-80DC-76BE9682B684.jpeg

Darrin Torrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Midland
    Finally got around to loading ammo for my 6.5 CM. Had it over a year.

140g SST over some H4350, in new Star brass. I use the SST in all my hunting loads cuz I hate to track deer.

View attachment 243242

Beautiful looking rounds. If you can find some try some Alliant Reloader 15 for the 6.5CM. I've tried 6 or so different powders and RL15 gave my tightest groups at 200yds.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Finished processing my x39 brass. While I had my.machine out I also did a handful each of x54 and 7.7 brass I had on a back burner. Started setting up a machine to run some 45gap but got side tracked casting. That's when the troubles began.

I knocked into my lead pot and had a splash of lead hit my work shirt made of polyester. Vaporized the shirt where the lead touched it. Got a little lead on my dickies but it came right off. All in all I got off without any injuries, except my pride and the loss of a work shirt of course.

Good reminder to be patient and be deliberate when working with lead guys.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Beautiful looking rounds. If you can find some try some Alliant Reloader 15 for the 6.5CM. I've tried 6 or so different powders and RL15 gave my tightest groups at 200yds.

Non to be found at the moment. That load is giving me a sub 1/2” group so I’ll prob stick with it for a while.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I believe I have 1# of RL15 I will never use. Bought it by mistake in 2014. If coming my way (Wichita Falls) let me know and I will sell for close to what I paid I believe $25. It is unopened. PM me first for sure.
    Technically this is not a for sale offer. It is for a desperate reloader.

Last edited:

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    Not really reloading, but I got in an order of a few hundred milsurp Portuguese 7.62x51. Was pretty dirty feeling and had some minor surface corrosion. Popped them in the vibratory cleaner for an hour and got pretty good results.
    IMG_20210205_201245273.jpg

Reactions: MTA

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I picked up a pair of Lee Breech Lock Bushings, a Second Edition Lee Modern Reloading Manual, and a Pound of Alliant Power Pistol Powder at the Pasadena Gun Show. Also picked up a set of RCBS Powder Scale check weights at Carter's Country in Pasadena.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I picked up a pair of Lee Breech Lock Bushings, a Second Edition Lee Modern Reloading Manual, and a Pound of Alliant Power Pistol Powder at the Pasadena Gun Show. Also picked up a set of RCBS Powder Scale check weights at Carter's Country in Pasadena.

I’ve been avoiding gun shows, because of the inflated pricing on most things, but out if curiosity, what is the going rate for a lb of powder at one now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Building a reload station, any great design advice? 71 so ain't my first rodeo, but always best to seek advice from wise people

Harbor Freight! I bought a lighted work station/workbench from them instead of building one. Not the sturdiest thing, but it’s plenty big for my press. It has overhead lights (I ended up replacing them with a bigger ballast) , electrical outlets, pegboard on the back, shelving underneath, and 2 drawers. Finished it off with a blemished office chair from Office Depot, and that was that! Not near as nice as the one I had in head to build, but it sure was easier and quicker to put together!
    463d64443ef4c2acff340f5237fab953.jpg

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    I’ve been avoiding gun shows, because of the inflated pricing on most things, but out if curiosity, what is the going rate for a lb of powder at one now?

It really depends. The guy who sets up between the two entry doors and sells reloading supplies is usually pretty reasonable on all his reloading supplies but is gun show prices on his factory ammo. The lb of Power Pistol I bought was only $31.99. Powder was anywhere from normal pre-pandemic prices to some reloaders selling their personal powder stashes at somewhat high prices.

Now primers on the otherhand were $20.00 to $30.00a tray. I lucked out and picked up a 1000 count box of Federal Small Pistol Match Promers from an individual for $185.00 earlier this week and was glad to pay that. Funny how paradimes shift so quickly. A month ago, people were balkikng at paying $125.00 for 1000 primers and now they are paying $20.00 to $30.00 a tray IF you can even find them. Then there are the idiots who want 50¢ a piece for small pistol primers...

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    It really depends. The guy who sets up between the two entry doors and sells reloading supplies is usually pretty reasonable on all his reloading supplies but is gun show prices on his factory ammo. The lb of Power Pistol I bought was only $31.99. Powder was anywhere from normal pre-pandemic prices to some reloaders selling their personal powder stashes at somewhat high prices.

Now primers on the otherhand were $20.00 to $30.00a tray. I lucked out and picked up a 1000 count box of Federal Small Pistol Match Promers from an individual for $185.00 earlier this week and was glad to pay that. Funny how paradimes shift so quickly. A month ago, people were balkikng at paying $125.00 for 1000 primers and now they are paying $20.00 to $30.00 a tray IF you can even find them. Then there are the idiots who want 50¢ a piece for small pistol primers...

$30 lb isn’t bad. Primers on the other hand!!! I don’t sell ammo or primers, but it’s been tempting to part with some after seeing a couple gunbroker auctions ending at more than $25 per 100 primers and seeing 9mm ammo going for close to $1 a round!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Harbor Freight! I bought a lighted work station/workbench from them instead of building one. Not the sturdiest thing, but it’s plenty big for my press. It has overhead lights (I ended up replacing them with a bigger ballast) , electrical outlets, pegboard on the back, shelving underneath, and 2 drawers. Finished it off with a blemished office chair from Office Depot, and that was that! Not near as nice as the one I had in head to build, but it sure was easier and quicker to put together!
    463d64443ef4c2acff340f5237fab953.jpg

Top Bottom