Venture Surplus ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I just cranked out 100 test rounds for the 9mm. Got a great deal on some 115gr Xtreme plateds from another TGT member. Between the older stock primers I have, the bullet price(5 cents each) and the powder a nice lady sold me for $10/lb(AA#5) these are about a dime a shot, maybe less. 6.1gr AA5 should make for good range practice.
    I'm casting my own bullets and bought bulk powder a while back for cheap. My 380, 9, 40, and 45 are all still under 9 cents but primer prices are killing me! If I could use the powder for 10mm those would be cheap, too. But I'm using blue dot and aa9 for those.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    So tonight I was running some more 9mms on the new lee six pack pro. The primer slider for the press is actuated by a rigid spring which I somehow bent tonight. The press is still usable if I want to slide primers myself but that's not gonna happen.

The good news, I'm almost 2500 rounds into the 9mm batch now. Only 2k plinking loads and 1k HPs left before im done with 9s!

I'm gonna dust off the pro4000 and get it ready for 223s. I've got about 1500 primed brass ready to go and almost that much unprimed still.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I know the feeling. So many things I've restocked the last few years have killed the savings but it's still half price or less to reload. Whenever a great deal comes along I jump on it. My past hoarding has paid off in spades. Recently got several pounds of powder(11), 2k large rifle primers, 500+ various rifle bullets and new Norma brass(100pcs) all for 9 boxes of 7mm WSM ammo. I bought cases of ammo years ago and the price of it had tripled.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    So tonight I was running some more 9mms on the new lee six pack pro. The primer slider for the press is actuated by a rigid spring which I somehow bent tonight. The press is still usable if I want to slide primers myself but that's not gonna happen.
    There is a prevention for this if you have a 3d printer...
    I am going to make one for myself and I will make you one if you don't have the capability. No charge just pm if interested.

Top Bottom