• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I saw one Democrat speaking about it a few weeks ago. She said her dad was shot by a burglar with his own gun because it wasn’t locked in a safe.

giphy.gif

I’m thinking, maybe her Dad was shot because he didn’t shoot the burglar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could easily see this happing a lot more often than is comfortable to think about. When I was younger, the slightest of noises would bring me to a fully awake, alert state, and I'm confident that back then no one would be able to get into my residence without me waiting on them... Now that I'm 51 it takes a LOT more to wake me, and even longer to be fully aware of my surroundings.
    Guns International

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      479.3 KB · Views: 329

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Looks like an advertising program to promote gun safety, no? Yup, easiest way to get credit for doing nothing. This year they basically did nothing but spend money for schools and increase teacher pay - so the illegals can continue to speak Spaniol.
    Don't forget that they also "capped" property tax increases to only 3.5%...per year...lol

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Is it worth a quick phone call to shut this foolishness down?
    Give Gov. Abbott's office a call at 512-463-2000 and tell the nice staff person:

Please tell the Governor to veto "statewide safe gun storage campaign" in the budget bill. It’s in the DPS budget, Item Number 48.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    That still sounds like a lot to me. So, in 10 years that would equate to a 35% increase? Not counting the compounding.

Right. I was trying to be sarcastic... I think it's insane to have ANY property tax above a 1% rate, at all... let alone a 3.5% per YEAR increase...

I'm all for cops, and roads, and schools... but my city annexed our little area about 10 years ago, no vote, of course, and since then my property taxes have gone up 8 TIMES the starting rate 10 years ago... and, in addition to paying well over $15k a year, we can't even get city sewage, or gas service...

This year alone they assessed our place as being worth $20k or so more than last year...

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Is it worth a quick phone call to shut this foolishness down?
    Give Gov. Abbott's office a call at 512-463-2000 and tell the nice staff person:

Please tell the Governor to veto "statewide safe gun storage campaign" in the budget bill. It’s in the DPS budget, Item Number 48.

Will do. AND i'm going to bitch about the 3.5% increase 'cap.' I think it should be locked at no more than a 1% increase. Texas has alwasy been good at running their budget, they shouldn't have to screw property owners to pay for new pet programs.

Top Bottom