Join TexasGunTalk

What are the benefits of being an NRA member?

Discussion in 'Guns Over Texas Radio Show' started by CHRONICcartman, Oct 17, 2015.

1. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    nra vote.JPG The NRA for all its flaws is still pound for pound tough on Washington D.C. If you don't like the things the NRA does sometimes become a member and vote and change it. Just flapping your gums isn't going to change it. Nothing worse than a person complaining about something but doing nothing to help change it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    avvidclif and Big Green like this.
  2. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I am a member of some of the other groups and they send out mailers too. I could use some of that toilet paper.

3. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I was a member of the NRA for many years. I dropped my membership when I had finally had enough and saw that there was nothing I could do to change it.

The only way that it will ever change for the better is when they lose enough members to hurt their bank account. Then there might be a positive change.

When you change it so that they are actually doing something good let me know. LOL

4. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a Golden Eagle with the NRA and a Life Member of TSRA.

However, I'm actually glad that Alice is no longer the sole full-time gun lobbyist in Texas. Rachel Malone, the full-time GOA lobbyist, is doing a hell of a job rallying the grassroots to get involved, too.

I sincerely hope Alice will come around to not viewing Rachel as competition. No one is talking openly about it but I get the impression she sort of resents having someone else playing in the field she once had all to herself. I hope I am completely wrong. As soon as I see Malone and Tripp working together on something, anything, I'll feel a lot better.

Since you're a member of the TSRA board, I encourage you to encourage Alice to foster a good working relationship with Rachel.

5. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The discussion has been had - my impression, though (in fairness to Alice), is that she's a "show me" type. She's sitting back and watching to ensure that Rachel is going to be up to the task without other agendas.

6. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    They called my wife, who is from new jersey and very abrasive (big surprise there), and she ranted about bumpstocks and how "lapierre can eat sh*t and die" to the lady on the phone. Pretty sure they will never call again

TheDan likes this.
  7. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    PM sent.

8. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’m now looking into TSRA. Where’s the best place to read up on this group? I’ve found their website.

9. DaleGribble82

DaleGribble82 New Member

Mar 2, 2019
    NC
    Admittance to shooting clubs that require it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bottom line - TSRA is a gun-centric group that promotes gun ownership, hunting, target shooting, etc - there's more to us than a single legislative focus. Sometimes, that gets you lost in the forest, but we try to watch ALL aspects of things that can affect ANY legal use of firearms, as well as support competitive shooting sports. Think of a NRA that focuses on Texas issues only, without the twice-weekly fundraising mailers and phone calls.....lol

sidebite252 likes this.