• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    About 40 or 45 days ago, I shot and worked a 10 stage USPSA match that left me thinking I was missing something pretty important, and judging from the conversations, I wasn't the only one. A little later a friend and myself are discussing the same subject and he recommends I start using a meal replacement and supplement product. He recommended one specifically designed for athletes to boost energy and performance. I started using it for breakfast, a meal I normally skipped, and typically eat what I want for lunch and dinner. I really didn't care if I lost any weight but have dropped about 10 lbs., have a lot more energy especially in the evenings, and sleep better.

I actually feel like dry firing again, and look forward to exercising. It's helped level out my energy and on match days (the one I've shot since starting this program) Ive avoided the after lunch, energy and focus crash. While I know that a well balanced diet of nutritious whole foods is preferable, it isn't always practical or available. I've done quite a bit of research in the last month and believe this program has throttled up my metabolism and is causing me to burn more calories. If you feel like you're missing something, you just might be. Look into it. There are things out there that can really be beneficial, I'm convinced of it.
    Capitol Armory ad

MatteR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    What is this said meal replacement supplement? After my IDPA match last Saturday I felt like I needed to do something similar. I started excising a litte bit, need to do more, but it is really difficult for me to find the time to eat more healthy.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    MH...while I agree, a nutritionist I visited with recently commented on depleted soils and the lack of nutritional value in what would normally be considered whole and healthy products. It makes me wonder. I don't have a garden btw.

MatteR... I will pm you a link

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    Pm it to me to if you don't mind. I have been trying to lose weight since the first of the year. I was doing good till about 3 weeks ago and i can't seem to lose anymore!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yep, but nothing can replace high quality nutrient rich food. That's why I grow my own.

This... Fresh still alive food literally contains electrical energy that your body makes great use of. Even with my soil being low in nitrogen and alkaline (takes alot of sulfur to change the ph in a 25x25 garden) I notice a huge difference with our fresh food. Just did a harvest on our onions and taters (damn bunnies at all the stalks so we had to harvest new potatoes lol) and they are delicious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Several things to disclose before I post anything else.

1) I have somewhat of a sponsor/shooter relationship with the company. I was not very receptive to the company's business model until I did some research and found out more about it, and their history.
    2) I am only 40 days into this, another friend is about 10 days, and its the first day for another. While there is quite a bit of info out there, my personal experience is still limited although I recently found out a guy I shoot with has been taking it five years.
    3) I encourage everyone to do their own research and reach their own conclusions regarding the product and the competition... pay attention to the care and methods of processing as well as the ingredients list.

Short story. Here is probably what I will be using going forward. Athlete's Pak

I may experiment a little but will continue to do a protein shake and b supplements for breakfast every day. If you guys have any questions, I'd be glad to help, and if I don't know the answer, can hook you up with someone that can. I can't tell you guys how much more energy I have. I wish I would have discovered this years ago.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nutrition is everything. Poor nutrition is like running 87 octane in your Porsche 911 GT3. The best experience I have ever had in my life is the handful of times that I've switched to a "Paleo" diet. I don't like the word diet, as I feel it should be more of a permanent change if you truly want to be healthy. Paleo is nothing special, it's just literally eating healthy. It's cutting out all the highly processed, artificially flavored, artificially sweetened and unnatural foods. The easy explanation is it's fruit, vegetables, meat, and good sources of fat. That's it. No bread, grains, gluten, dairy, or legumes. That's the strict version, anyways, and it's the one I did. Some people do it partially, but still eat beans, or still eat rice.

One thing I would suggest for people is, there are a lot of aspects you may be overlooking in your diet. For example, through doing the strict version of the paleo diet, I've found that I'm fairly gluten intolerant. Any sort of bread, rice, beans, etc. causes me a lot of problems. One of the major causes of a lot of issues in the body is inflammation. When your body doesn't tolerate certain foods, or you maybe have a minor allergy, this can be causing and increasing inflammation in the body, leading to a whole host of other health issues, and eventually leading to many different types of diseases, the way I understand it.

To give an indicator of what the "right" diet can do for the right person, last time I did paleo for 20 days and lost 22lbs, basically sitting in front of a computer and with no exercise. Best I've ever felt in my life. That was the right diet for me. Everyone's body is a little different, so the way I did it may not necessarily work for anyone else. The important takeaway here is to pay attention to what your body is telling you. Do you feel bloated? Lacking energy? Having a tough time getting to sleep? Tired in the morning and awake at night? All sorts of things like that, that we easily write off as us just being how we are, or other generalizations, could be an indicator that something about your diet is not quite right.

I'm trying to get back there myself, as tough work hours and other external stressors make it too easy to fall off the horse and develop bad habits. I mention all this, though, so that people hopefully consider the effects that a small piece of the wrong type of food can have on you. A large part of the reason your body may not be working quite optimally could literally be that 1 piece of bread you have, once per month. If you are severely gluten intolerant, or if you have some other allergies or intolerance to certain other substances, that can lead to a chain reaction that basically snowballs. I've seen documented cases of people having life-threatening illnesses and basically being at death's doorstep from consuming a thumbnail-size piece of gluten once per month, and then after removing that from their diet, things have completely turned around.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    The important takeaway here is to pay attention to what your body is telling you. Do you feel bloated? Lacking energy? Having a tough time getting to sleep? Tired in the morning and awake at night?All sorts of things like that, that we easily write off as us just being how we are, or other generalizations, could be an indicator that something about your diet is not quite right.

This... accepting things as they are. Sometimes it takes a skillet to the back of the head before we decide to try something different. I thought I was getting burned out on competing. Not the case. I realize now, I just didn't feel like it, or much of anything else for that mattter, most of the time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I take vitamins. Just regular cheap jobs the VA hands out. With out vitamins, my hair and nails almost stop growing. On a good diet(plenty of oliva oil, fish oil, fruit etc). I have to cut my hair almost every three days. And if I don't trim, Ill have girl nails in two weeks.

Working at a prison, the only meal id eat. Once a day. Was rancho eggs, cooked by the ODR cook. This was years before the atkins diet came out. Had i paid attention, I would have known I was on a pure protein diet. My fat mass, melted. Hense, Im a believer in a high protein diet. it worked on me before atkins made a buck off it.

If youre a good ol boy, eating out a drive through window. The depression, body pain, mood swings, irregular craps, and a general sick feeling is coming from the food you eat. Or your ex wifes a huge fallis.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom