• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Please give a big welcome to Ground Zero Precision as a Supporting Vendor. Checkout their website when you have time. If you're an AR-15 enthusiast you will feel right at home there. You can visit their website at http://www.groundzeroprecision.com/

Texas Gun Talk thanks them for their support.

Ground Zero Precision is the brain-child of a group of AR-15 and AR-15 variant enthusiasts, sport shooters, hunters and protectors of the Second Amendment. Over the years it became evident that the market we love has become hi-jacked by "stack 'em deep and stick it to 'em" component vendors whose sole purpose is to get their hands on your hard earned dollars. What they do after they get your money has been documented and lamented on boards and forums across the internet and elsewhere. Customer service is dead. Pride in product offering is dead. The love of and passion for the wonderful, iconic and multi-purpose AR weapons platform no longer exists for these online dealers if it ever existed in the first place.

Ground Zero Precision is staffed, operated & directed by everyday shooters and while each of us at GZP may have a different use or vision for our rifles none of us have lost our love and passion for the platform.

From long-range precision shooters, hunters, 2A advocates and military veterans to mechanical & chemical engineers, machinists and "AR platform philosophers", Ground Zero Precision's staff embodies them all.

Our combined 100+ years of building AR platform rifles and dealing with component sellers the internet wide have ingrained into our thinking that you take care of your customers like you would your own family. You don't sell what you can't get and you don't promise what you can't deliver. You don't take anyone's money without a system in place and the capability to deliver the exact product ordered and deliver it in a timely manner. We've all been exasperated time after time ordering components for our latest projects only to find out, often only after numerous ignored phone calls and emails, that the item we chose is out of stock or even worse.

It is the goal and focus of everyone involved with Ground Zero Precision to break the mold set by the thousands of "stack 'em deep, stick it to 'em and screw 'em" AR part and component dealers and websites out there today. We take pride in our products, we take pride in our industry and we'll be proud to become your "go to" supplier for all of your AR-15 and variant component needs.
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Thank you guys for the welcome!

A whole lot of you guys know me personally and a whole lot of you guys I feel like I know because we've interacted here for years but have yet to meet.

Those of you who know me personally know what I'm about. I'm not someone who is EVER going to rip you off. My feedback score should settle it for anyone of you who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

And, for those of you who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting I have to tell you a couple of things:

1.) I have never been rich a day in my life.

2.) I am a Landman. I own Bennett Land & Mineral, Inc. and I'm not just a Landman but I'm a real Landman. A BADASS Landman. I currently sit on the membership committee for the American Association of Petroleum Landmen and I don't take that responsibility lightly.

3.) I am a rancher. I have a LOT of land as some of you can attest having been out on the BCR (Bennett Creek Ranch). Yes, I had the un-named creek running through the place named Bennett Creek and it was a motherfucker to do.

4.) I'm a self taught engineer. Growing up all I saw was my dad. My dad was the most precise machinist that ever lived. He owned Bennett Manufacturing in Whitewright Texas and made plastic injection molds for just about everything you see in your daily lives.

I grew up hand polishing EDM plastic injection mold components, machining components; Bridgeport mills, lathes, and swearing to God that as soon as I could leave that life I would. I DID NOT want to stand in front of a machine all day.

3.) I did leave that life. First, I went into the Army. Second, I used every tool that the Army gave me.

4.) I made a LOT of mistakes but I kept trying.

5.) During one of my mistakes I met Chris & Eric Gripp. Chris and Eric are brothers who at the time I met them had a website that was just starting to take off nationally. They'd grown up much the same way I had but their dad's business was signs.

I spent 10 years with Chris & Eric's company as their lead engineer. I developed large format inkjet printers (for them), I designed and developed the printheads. I developed the inks. I wrote the drivers that made the printheads deliver 17 picoliter (1 millionth of one millionth of a liter x 17) droplets of ink in hundreds of thousandths of seconds.

I contracted with a shit ton of companies wanting what I had developed. So I pushed it harder and spent a lot of my life living in hotels, driving rental cars all over the world.

When I met Chris and Eric they were barely out of their garage. I helped them on them go global.

I left them to found Bennett Land & Mineral, Inc. almost 10 years ago and while my company thrived Chris & Eric's company never recovered and is now a ghost of what it once was.

6.) I have an Associates Degree. That is it.

7.) I founded Ground Zero Precision out of frustration and I used everything I used to make Chris & Eric's company a success to make Ground Zero a success.

8.) #1 rule: hire badass people you can trust and then trust them to do the job you hired them to do. (Gerd Conner).

8.) There's a reason why we're dominating. Read our mission statement. We live it every single day.

I could go on but like I said most of you know me already and for those who made it through this whole thing use discount code TEXASGUNS to get 5% off of our already really badassedly low prices. Helps with the whole Texas tax thing.

Y'all be good to each other.

Philip B.
    President & CEO
    Ground Zero Precision

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Oh, and just for fun, here's my build cart for the evening:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442911807.158719.jpg

One of these is going to a SWAT sniper in Florida and one is going to the very first authorized SWAT officer in California to carry 300 Blackout.

I take this shit seriously.

fal777

Nov 1, 2015
    GZP did a great job on my 300AAC upper order. Great communication and very quick receipt of the upper and barrel assembly. Will be back
    Thanks

gr8rtst

Sep 12, 2016
    Illinois
    Whats the difference between 4P, 5P, 6P, etc? I'm looking for a damn good pistol kit and have only read positive things about GZP. I want my first firearm post Navy (IYAOYAS) to be special. wanting to do an 80% lower but seems you guys are super busy and are out of stock.

Top Bottom