• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Any one use an App to keep track of nutrients/macros?

Always been a gear gadget nerd, and, at the risk of turning into a metro snowflake, downloaded Cronometer yesterday.

These things have come a long way ... pretty impressive.

If I start wearing a man bun and skinny jeans, just any round above 22LR will do.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Always been a gear gadget nerd, and, at the risk of turning into a metro snowflake, downloaded Cronometer yesterday.

If I start wearing a man bun and skinny jeans, just any round above 22LR will do.
    MyNetDiary
    Great ap to track weight loss , calories ,and macros
    I use it be6it tracks macros by percentage of overall cal6and by grams

I have it link to My Fitness Pal that works with my Fitbit watch

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20190430-102154_MyNetDiary.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-102154_MyNetDiary.jpg
      Screenshot_20190430-102154_MyNetDiary.jpg
      125.8 KB · Views: 288

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I use Loseit. It's free on android. It nags you to upgrade for $ but I dont need it. It keeps track of food intake and breaks it down to fat, carbs, protein. It tracks weight too. Along with it I use Samsung health. Also free on my note8. It tracks all kinds of stuff. The Loseit app will scan barcodes and has an extensive database of foods.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I used Loseit app until it was obvious it was reporting everything I was consuming including amounts to their database.....didn't need my life monitored!!!!!

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Correlation?
    I'd say yes ... and the reduction in overall body inflammation is nothing short of remarkable. Those old age aches and pains are still there, but short lived and mostly below the "sissy" radar.

Now a believer for my purposes, YMMV ...

Netcarbs.jpeg Weight.jpeg

Attachments

• Netcarbs.jpeg
      Netcarbs.jpeg
      58.4 KB · Views: 423
    • Weight.jpeg
      Weight.jpeg
      28.5 KB · Views: 415

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Cool, I !got down to 205 and back to 210 since I.started weight lifting again!

Weighed 190 stomping around in the boonies 50 years ago.
    As an old man I'll settle for 205 and the 36" waist of ten years ago.

Life ain't worth living if you have to give up gumbo and etoufee for the duration ...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MyFitnessPal is good, and you can sync it to MapMyFitness which maps the routes you walk/run, as well as keeps track of the calories you burn though other types of exercise. Though, that MyNetDiary one looks good too. I'll probably give it a try. I need to lose about 60 pounds and get in shape. I'm thinking of trying the Paleo diet, but more importantly, I'm trying to ween myself off soda before I give myself diabeetus. Shit's addictive.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    MyFitnessPal is good, and you can sync it to MapMyFitness which maps the routes you walk/run, as well as keeps track of the calories you burn though other types of exercise. Though, that MyNetDiary one looks good too. I'll probably give it a try. I need to lose about 60 pounds and get in shape. I'm thinking of trying the Paleo diet, but more importantly, I'm trying to ween myself off soda before I give myself diabeetus. Shit's addictive.

I stopped drinking sodas a few years ago. Now if I choose to try to drink one, I can’t stand it. I threw away half a coke yesterday. I prefer water, coffee or unsweetened tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

For me the ability to keep track of macro nutrients (Fat, Carbohydrates and Protein) on a daily basis has turned out to be the key to weight loss and better health in general.

I kept hearing how important it was to track your macro nutrient ratio.

When I finally snapped to the wisdom of that can actually be seen in the downward trend lines in the two charts posted.

I found Cronometer, along with a kitchen scale, to be essential tools.

Not so sure I could have bothered doing that one thing during my working life, but being retired I have plenty of time to do it.

Besides, always been a big believer in the two adages: "Attention to detail is the difference between success and failure"; and "Measurement is the first step in management".

Good luck ... and really love my pen. Thanks again!

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I stopped drinking sodas a few years ago. Now if I choose to try to drink one, I can’t stand it. I threw away half a coke yesterday. I prefer water, coffee or unsweetened tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started drinking water with a pinch of salt and lemon or lime juice during the day, especially when working outside, or on the lake fishing in the heat of the day.

And just replace the water with club soda and add some vodka when the suns over the yardarm in the British empire. ;)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Instead of "trying" any diet...why not just eat less food and move more?
    That's all it really takes , especially for a young fella like yourself
    Dont make it harder than it has to be.
    If you are 60 lbs overweight, you are eating too much food for your activity level.

See how many calories you are eating and adjust that downward while increasing your physical activity..the weight will come off fast.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Besides, always been a big believer in the two adages: "Attention to detail is the difference between success and failure"; and "Measurement is the first step in management".

Good luck ... and really love my pen. Thanks again!

I have something I tell people all the time that's similar

"You can't effect any positive change in any area of your life unless you can measure it first"

Top Bottom