• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The Vietnam Wall is located at the American Legion Post in Crosby, TX. 14890 FM 2100, Crosby, TX 77532.

The wall is on display from now until Sunday the 6th of November. Anyone who would like to see just has to drive out there. Please let all vets you know know that it is here. There is also a book inside the hall that will tell you exactly were someones name is located if you know anyone who's name is on the wall. Counselors are available onsite for those that need to speak to them.

Please help me spread the word about the wall so that anyone who would like to see can get a chance to.
    Venture Surplus ad

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Guys, if you ever get a chance to go to D.C., see the real Wall there. Nothing against the moving Wall, but the real one is intense.

There's just nothing to compare to the sight of the real Wall. It's in kind of a depression, and you go down into it, and it's deathly quiet. Old vets and families are there paying their respects, and there are the offerings -- boots, flowers, beer, model cars, all kinds of things that people leave to their departed comrades. If you don't choke up and get tears in your eyes then you aren't human. I lived in D.C. for 6 years and went to the Wall 12 or 15 times. I've got to say it is much more emotional than the USMC Iwo Jimo memorial or anything else I've seen. The only thing that matches it is Pearl Harbor.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    And for those that visit the State Fair grounds in Dallas, there is, of course, the Texas Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

Top Bottom