Gun Zone Deals

Utah Sheriffs Warn Obama: 'No Federal Official Will Be Allowed' To Take Our Constitue

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zebra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    It's starting to really get real people.

Utah Sheriffs Warn Obama: 'No Federal Official Will Be Allowed' To Take Our Constituents' Gun Rights | CNS News

A group of Utah sheriffs sent a letter to President Barack Obama last week stating that they will not enforce any new gun laws they believe to be unconstitutional.
    28 of the 29 sheriffs in Utah signed off on the letter with only the Salt Lake County Sheriff, Jim Winder, opting out.
    Summit County Sheriff David Edmunds says, "We are prepared to trade our lives in defense of the constitution of the United States."
    Edmunds says the letter is a preemptive strike against the possibility of the president banning assault rifles, or restricting the amount of ammo in magazines.
    The letter to the President states (emphasis added): "We, like you swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation."
    "[P]lease remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation."
    While acknowledging respect for Obama's office, the sheriffs also issued a warning:
    "[M]ake no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights-in particular Amendment II-has given them."
    Sheriff Edmunds stated:
    "We would never want violence to be the alternative. We would always hope we could talk this out but it's important to make this very significant stance as it relates to these issues because they are very fundamental to the freedoms we enjoy in this country."
    See more "Right Views, Right Now."

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Someone had to be first and quite frankly, Texas has a lot more to loose should a proclamation like that backfire.

That said, I agree with the Utah Sheriffs and hope Texas is a close second.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "We are prepared to trade our lives in defense of the constitution of the United States."

Millions of us took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies -- foreign and domestic.

Few of us ever thought that oath would apply to the domestic threat extant today.

I shall not renounce that oath; death is preferable to having suffer tyranny.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Write/call your county Sheriff to see if he will make a similar statement. Unsurprisingly Sheriff Greg Hamilton has been silent on the issue...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights-in particular Amendment II-has given them.
    I'm kind of curious what they mean by that statement. Refusing to enforce a law is different from preventing federal law enforcement from enforcing that law. I wonder what they are prepared to do to stop federal law enforcement.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm kind of curious what they mean by that statement. Refusing to enforce a law is different from preventing federal law enforcement from enforcing that law. I wonder what they are prepared to do to stop federal law enforcement.

Can't google it right now, but there has been a case here and there where local law enforcement has stopping the EPA from playing games with local ranchers. It's made the email rounds (of course the email is A bit salacious)

Top Bottom