• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    So, should illegal aliens be required to pay out-of-state tuition . . . seeing as they're not really supposed to be here in the first place? Just sayin' . . .
    Guns International

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    PUF is funded by surface and mineral income on a couple million acres of land in the Permian Basin. Since the mid-90s, that income has been managed by UTIMCO.

Though a bit dated, here’s a good description in one of UTIMCO’s annual reports.

https://www.utimco.org/Funds/Endowment/PUF/puf97.pdf

The state oil excise tax goes to three things:
    * Rainy Day Fund
    * State Highway Fund
    * Foundation Schools Program

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...xas-budget-use-taxes-oil-and-natural-gas-pro/

All that used to be taught in 7th grade Texas History.

When I was in 7th grade it was...and my wife was a network admin at UTIMCO when we got married.

As I said, it starts from a tax on every barrel of oil ever pumped...one of the best things the lege ever mandated.

And yes, they should pay out of state tuition.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    When I was in 7th grade it was...and my wife was a network admin at UTIMCO when we got married.

As I said, it starts from a tax on every barrel of oil ever pumped...one of the best things the lege ever mandated.

And yes, they should pay out of state tuition.

For clarity, the oil excise tax does not go into PUF.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So, should illegal aliens be required to pay out-of-state tuition . . . seeing as they're not really supposed to be here in the first place? Just sayin' . . .

Honestly, I'm actually amazed that none of the left wing lawyers in the left wing city have filed a class action suit on behalf of the out of state US citizens by now. The illegals have paid in state tuition for years. If out of country citizen qualifies, why not out of state?

Maybe the left just doesn't go after their own, but AOC and Pelosi don't exactly seem friendly. With that big endowment fund sitting out there, a class action would net each out of state student a good $10 or so while the lawyers rake in millions is they won.

para_bellum

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Can I disown my kids so they can take advantage of this? Maybe find a family to adopt them after they're done with HS. Or quit my job? Or divorce and let my wife have the kids? (She's a SAHM and would likely qualify as 'low income' :rolleyes:)

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    https://www.texastribune.org/2019/0...160-million-financial-aid-ut-austin-students/

Expanding a program that essentially provides free tuition for illegal aliens...with a median family income in Texas of $59,200 in 2017, according to U.S. Census Bureau. Before this expansion, it was families below $30,000.

Claimed on a 1040.

They still have to qualify academically, but now the tuition is free.

Nice.

I'd rather use the money to renovate and drydock the USS Texas

Not just for illegals.....its for everyone below a certain income level.....funded by their oil holdings......and UT has more oil than GOD.

Top Bottom