• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club had another great match this weekend at Austin Rifle Club.

Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club and Welcome to the Austin Rifle Club

If you are looking for some really fun shooting with anything from a stock Glock/SA/S&W to a super tricked out race gun then look into these matches. Pistol matches are held the first Saturday of every month and there are a few other assorted matches such as Steel Challenge and multigun held during the month.

Here are some video's from the last two matches... I was playing with my new helmet cam.. :)

DK Firearms

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Fun! I bet I know a few people out there, and I plan to go out there and shoot in Production class.

When is the qualifier? I didn't make the first one.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Qualifier? Not sure what you are talking about. There is a classifier stage at every monthly club match. I have shot production a couple times but don't have nearly as much fun in production as I do in open or limited...

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Running a little behind in my reading (new job).

There is not a qualifier in USPSA. Some clubs have safety checks, but not around here. If you are new to USPSA, come early for the new shooters meeting. The Austin club (ALSPPC) has been announcing special times for new shooters to signin and get the briefing.

Classifiers place you in a class (GM, M, A, B, C, D). Usually shoot one classifier stage per pistol match, it takes 4 to get a provisional classification, they use 6 when you get them on file.

I have shot production a couple times but don't have nearly as much fun in production as I do in open or limited...
    I do not shoot Production, but the same can be said for Limited vs. Ltd 10. And I do have a Glock 17 and an extension on one mag so its 23 rounds in one mag, 17 for the others.

Lee

Top Bottom