• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I recently was able to find some bottles of Unique powder. Been looking for a long time. Now I find that in my Lee Manual there is almost no recipes for 9mm Lugar and Unique. I am very disappointed since I really like the Lee Modern Reloading Manual. So then I go online to the Alliant website and pull up some 9mm info. They list the charge weight for a load using Unique. But it doesn't say if it is the min or max load. Just the one wt. I have sent them a question but why would they not have that info on their site? Sorry for the rambling, guess I am just venting.
    On their data page, there is a note that says to subtract 10% for a starting load. I was having the same problem for bullseye powder, and finally saw that note.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    IMG_9716.jpeg
    IMG_9717.jpeg

115g bullets show 4.4 to 5.8

124 bullets show 4.0 to 4.5

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I tried blue dot in the 45 auto but it's another one I hoard for the 45LC. Iirc it spits good fireballs in the 9mm but there are too many better options imo. I think you'll find the unique workable but sooty for sure.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Way back in the day (1970s), I used Hercules Unique powder with my RCBS reloader for my S&W Model 19 357 magnum. It was always reliable and safe. I was really into reloading with it then times being what they were, both the RCBS and gun were sold cheap.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I tried blue dot in the 45 auto but it's another one I hoard for the 45LC. Iirc it spits good fireballs in the 9mm but there are too many better options imo. I think you'll find the unique workable but sooty for sure.

Try Nitro100 for 45LC. I love that powder for that round. And it’s pretty easy to find.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom