• ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Alan West
    https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/statement-regarding-nra/
    It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members’ money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre’s managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled “Resolution of Concerns,” both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
    Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
    Member, 112th US Congress
    Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association

Timothy Knight
    https://www.facebook.com/knight4nra/posts/2666525663389184
    As I have already expressed, I am very concerned about the course of our Association. It must always be focused on its stated purposes and objectives. Unfortunately, the NRA’s focus of late has been trying to cover up the financial malfeasance of the last 20 years. Therefore, I do not agree with the statements put out by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows. The majority of the Board did NOT know about the misuse of Member dues. What has been leaked to the press came as an unwelcome surprise to many of us. And it erodes all confidence in management’s ability to lead the NRA. I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as Executive Vice President/CEO nor do I support Josh Powell continuing as Wayne’s Chief of Staff. The Assocation desperately needs to regain the confidence of its Members, and that can only happen with new management prepared to lead NRA and right the wrongs of the past.

I 100% agree with Lieutenant Colonel Allen West and fully support what he wrote earlier today.

Yours in Liberty,
    Timothy Knight

NRA Board of Directors

It would be nice if more would speak out and actually fix the organization before it's too late.
    Venture Surplus ad

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wouldn't trust a thing that dirty rat Cotton has to say. He played a hand in delaying the legalization of open carry in Texas for years. He's no friend of the 2nd Amendment, he's a FUDD!

LaPierre and his cronies need to be removed immediately from any position of importance within the NRA.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I wouldn't trust a thing that dirty rat Cotton has to say. He played a hand in delaying the legalization of open carry in Texas for years. He's no friend of the 2nd Amendment, he's a FUDD!

LaPierre and his cronies need to be removed immediately from any position of importance within the NRA.
    I didn’t know this. I do not forgive stuff like this. Fudds are just as dangerous as liberals.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Long ago I used to visit the Texas CHL website Cotton owned.

Moonpie got banned for using &^%$#!!! in place of an actual curse word.
    No I am not making that up.

I got banned for asking about constitutional carry and making a case for it years ago.

Not being a dick, just laid out a case for why licensing was burdensome and an infringement. Think they claimed I was trolling or something. No interest in trying to get back on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    fudd3.jpg

Attachments

• fudd3.jpg
      fudd3.jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 788

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those interested should review previous threads in which I explained the history of the "Knox Rebellion(s)", the ouster of dissidents, and the Machiavellian solidification of power by LaPierre.

Whether present complaints are valid or not remains to be investigated.

But, the impenetrable LaPierre devices are NOT GOOD in any organization which is supposedly responsive to member control by "elections"

As of now, I must state emphatically that I trust Col. West to do and say the "right thing" when the time comes.

LaPierre, no matter how much good he has or hasn't done, is now making our NRA ill, injured, and weakened by his continuing presence.

Whatever the "facts" of the current dust-up, LaPierre MUST GO NOW!

leVieux

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Guess I'm not one of the cool kids. Haven't been there in years, but I never actually got banned from the place.

I had forgotten about it until this thread. Wonder if I should go over there and start a thread about constitutional carry and bonnen's response with the youtube video?

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)

Well yeah you did. $^%$#!!! is racist, anti-lgbtqbbqwtf homophobic and causes high property taxes.

I think you meant $%&$#! which translates to dag nabbit...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I got banned for pointing out Cotton was wrong on a point of law.

I think TXI got banned a few weeks later too.

Regardless of being banned or not, the guy is a POS and as mentiond has done more to stop pro-gun initiatives than promote them. He is also against LTC/OC too, and has worked to get businesses to put up 30.07 signs.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I went over and looked at cotton's site texaschlforum. He has an NRA affiliate link on the site so that when someone joins using his link he gets paid for it. I guess his pay as a board member is not enough for him.

Top Bottom