• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From TSRA PAC:

TSRA has reported pre-filed bills in addition to a few bills filed in the early days of session. Below is additional lists of bad bills, followed by more good ones.

Representative Rafael Anchia of Dallas filed 11 anti-gun bills in one day. The list below contains only a few.

House Bill 930 by Rep. Rafael Anchia (D-Dallas) repeals the Lone Star State's "Castle Doctrine" law.

House Bill 1163 by Rep. Rafael Anchia (D-Dallas) allows municipalities with a population of more than 750,000 to vote on whether to prohibit License To Carry holders from openly carrying handguns within city limits.

House Bill 1164 by Rep. Rafael Anchia (D-Dallas) expands the prohibited places that apply to License to Carry (LTC) holders in Penal Code Section 46.035 to include facilities such as golf courses, amphitheaters, auditoriums, theaters, museums, zoos, botanical gardens, civic centers and convention centers, provided they are posted off-limits.

House Bill 1169 by Rep. Rafael Anchia (D-Dallas) creates the offense of knowingly selling a firearm to another at a gun show without conducting the transfer through a licensed dealer, which would involve completing extensive federal paperwork and payment of an undetermined fee.

House Bill 1207 by Rep. Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin) makes it a crime for a person to fail to report a lost or stolen firearm within five days of the person becoming aware that the gun was lost or stolen.

House Bill 1236 by Rep. Vikki Goodwin (D-Austin) allows public colleges and universities to opt-out of Texas' campus carry law. (An identical bill, HB 1173, was also filed by Rep. Rafael Anchia.)

What can you do to help protect your Second Amendment rights. One good suggestion is to sign up on the State Legislature's site for alerts as bills move through the process. My TLO will help you stay up to date!
    Texas SOT

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Watch how quick this crap gets out of committee. The dims are on exlax. I honestly fear Fluffly Abbott would sign some of this.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Alice and her gang at TSRA left us hanging on Constitutional Carry so I dont pay much mind to what they say is good or bad.

Abbott should know better than to sign any of that crap should it make it to his desk.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Filed today:

HB 1375
    Create a state registry for new sales from an FFL

HB 1376
    Require all private sales be thru FFL. Create a state registry for private sales thru an FFL.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Does anyone recall ever being bombarded with some much anti gun bills in any past session?

In my years of fighting this BS in Maryland, it was rare to see this many attempted infringements. I didn't expect to see it in Texas but a flood of Bloomberg bucks and liberal gains in the election seems to have stirred up and emboldened the opposition. It's getting to the point where I have to wonder whether a Word doc or a spreadsheet is better, or should I go to the trouble of setting up a database?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In my years of fighting this BS in Maryland, it was rare to see this many attempted infringements. I didn't expect to see it in Texas but a flood of Bloomberg bucks and liberal gains in the election seems to have stirred up and emboldened the opposition. It's getting to the point where I have to wonder whether a Word doc or a spreadsheet is better, or should I go to the trouble of setting up a database?

Many here have a spreadsheet

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank our “A” rated by the NRA Speaker.

You have identified a major problem with our NRA ILA. they send out a little questionnaire to candidates, then base their ratings solely on the replies, in many cases. Savvy leftists just manipulate them via that document. I have tried to dissuade them from this, while making a contribution, to no avail. Therefore, I contribute only to the individual candidates now. leVieux

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    "House Bill 1207 by Rep. Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin) makes it a crime for a person to fail to report a lost or stolen firearm within five days of the person becoming aware that the gun was lost or stolen."

As long as the penalty isn't rediculous, is there a reason to be against this one?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    "House Bill 1207 by Rep. Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin) makes it a crime for a person to fail to report a lost or stolen firearm within five days of the person becoming aware that the gun was lost or stolen."

As long as the penalty isn't rediculous, is there a reason to be against this one?
    That slippery slope we always talk about.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I don't see most not reporting a stolen firearm as soon as it's discovered stolen. But to put a time limit on it does more harm then good to the honest guy who discovers it on day 6.
    A situation where a family member steals a gun from a person with more then a few guns would turn that person into a criminal simply because he doesn't do a weekly inventory.
    Personally there are guns in my safes that I don't handle on a weekly basis. Some I may see once every six months or so to wipe down and oil.
    I don't see such government regulation doing anything to lessen crimes committed with stolen guns or lessen their availability on the street.

Top Bottom