• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    49 CFR 1540.111is pretty clear on the requirements for the lock. No airline or TSS agent has the authority to change these requirements.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/1540.111

(c)In checked baggage. A passenger may not transport or offer for transport in checked baggage or in baggage carried in an inaccessible cargo hold under § 1562.23 of this chapter:

(1) Any loaded firearm(s).

(2) Any unloaded firearm(s) unless -

(i) The passenger declares to the aircraft operator, either orally or in writing, before checking the baggage, that the passenger has a firearm in his or her bag and that it is unloaded;

(ii) The firearm is unloaded;

(iii) The firearm is carried in a hard-sided container; and

(iv) The container in which it is carried is locked, and only the passenger retains the key or combination.

(3) Any unauthorized explosive or incendiary.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Umm, for the umpteenth time in this thread, one is not permitted to use a TSA lock on the actual gun case. If the gun case is inside another piece of luggage a TSA lock goes on THAT piece of luggage.

No police officer is going to retrieve your luggage for you, either. Even if one would, what would that accomplish? You would take possession at some point.

1) I have not sen written instructions on the TSA compliant locks.

2) NO, that is what is advised in that case, as an officer can take you and the weapon to re-check it in to your destination, so that you are not actually "in possession" in the prohibited area.

"Investigator" or not, you should do you homework better before criticizing.

leVieux

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    1) I have not sen written instructions on the TSA compliant locks.

2) NO, that is what is advised in that case, as an officer can take you and the weapon to re-check it in to your destination, so that you are not actually "in possession" in the prohibited area.

"Investigator" or not, you should do you homework better before criticizing.

leVieux
    Read the thread...The law and TSA regs have been posted here for you to read.

No LEO is going to carry your bag or accompany you to baggage claim.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Read the thread...The law and TSA regs have been posted here for you to read.

No LEO is going to carry your bag or accompany you to baggage claim.
    Edit
    Well, excuse me, I didn't realize that I was speaking with an all-knowing genius of law, aviation, human behavior, and the attitudes of all other LEO's.

I KNOW that you are WRONG, but it is not even worth explaining how I know that.

Sir, you are an "Internet BULLY", and I won't have anything more to do with you, here or elsewhere.

leVieux

Last edited:
    Top Bottom