• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoachHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Keller, TX
    Not wanting to use a scope on this gun, I'm thinking about changing the factory iron sights on my new Marlin 336 Stainless. Anyone have any experience with the Tru Glo sights? They look like they can help me, but I read a few negative reviews about them on their installation. Wondering if I should just buy some sight paint. Recommendations?
    Texas SOT

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    tritium sights are amazing.

i have used a number of them, on shotguns and handguns, and in lowlight conditions ther are a lifesaver (potentially).

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I had some Williams Fire Sights on mine. It comes with a Delrin punch to remove the old and install the new. They worked pretty good and they aren't that expensive at all.

Blackthorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I have a recommendation, you could decide to use phosphorescent sights and keep your factory sights intact, I personally prefer the Glow-On.com stuff as it is affordable and you should have enough for different things like fishing lures etc. Here my iron sights pictures which i forwarded to them to use on their website
    p1010063.jpg

p1010076.jpg

Mind you this is a phosphorescent pigment and is light activated of which generally speaking there is plenty around, just like on a wristwatch.
    Now, If i need them to be super bright all I need is a small led flashlight for a few seconds and my sights almost look like electric lights notice too it doesn't have to be completely dark for them to wor

Top Bottom