APOD Firearms

TRAINING VIDEO REQUESTS: Post yours here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Many modern studies suggest that as much as 65% of people are visual learners. Right now we're in the process of getting a new YouTube series going for Dillo Dynamics. Hopefully this will provide a nice balance of learning for those of you that are more visually inclined. Not to mention, a video example to go along with an article can make things easier to understand, more quickly. These will mostly be known as Dillo Dynamics Quick Tips. I'm planning on making this a weekly/bi-weekly series, with videos and/or articles being posted regularly. The purpose of this series is to provide some sound advice and easy learning for anyone that is looking to learn a bit more about how to operate a handgun. We may expand in to other firearms, but for now it will be mostly handguns. We already have a long list of topics we plan on covering, which I'll list below to save people from asking the same questions multiple times. What we would like to see from you is any requests you might have, for us to make a video on something you'd like to learn more about. For now, we'll have to keep it fairly general, as we don't have access to every make and model of gun. Here's a list of some of the things we have planned so far:

-Firearm safety rules
    -Range etiquette
    -How to clear your gun
    -How to reload your gun
    -Individual videos on basic marksmanship fundamentals
    -Self-diagnosing accuracy issues
    -How to shoot faster
    -Dry fire practice safety
    -Admin load technique
    -How to properly know the status of your gun at ALL times (chamber/mag check)
    -Different types of malfunctions and how to fix them (this might be a multi part series)
    -Manipulating handgun controls
    -Slingshot/Overhand rack vs. Slide release lever
    -Sights vs. Point shooting
    -Maintaining accountability
    -Measuring your performance
    -Putting your skills to the test

I may even address some topics that may spark a bit more controversy, such as how complex terminology and scientific explanations don't change the fact that we're dealing with some very simple mechanics and mechanical devices. Anyways, as this thread is a stickie, please try to keep your replies clear and concise, limited to the topics you would like to see us make a video on. There will be threads for discussion created for these topics, to go along with the videos once they are created.
    Guns International

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Understanding sight radius and bore axis and how they influence your shooting. I remember watching videos about stuff like that and finding it helpful. Also, I'm not saying to copy him but look to Paul Gomez's videos for inspiration...his videos drastically improved my shooting and knowledge.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I also wanted to add, please emphasize in your videos the importance of indexing your trigger finger. I still see too many people with a finger in the damn trigger guard at ranges.

1stpalindrone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Denton Area
    Sounds great SIG_Fiend,
    Something I've been working on is drawing my firearm. I have a few holsters but would like to try out different locations/options, etc. Im a big guy so I'd like to get what fits my body best and at different locations, ie, OTW/ITW/Pocket etc.

Maybe a bit about different holsters & draw methods would help a lot of ppl see the differences before shellin' out $$$ to try them & keep 'em in a drawer. Lookin' forward to checkin' out your vids.

Bersa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Dickinson, Texas
    I would like more training on shooting with both eyes open to stop my dominate right eye shooting. I feel it leaves my left side blind sided.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Understanding sight radius and bore axis and how they influence your shooting. I remember watching videos about stuff like that and finding it helpful. Also, I'm not saying to copy him but look to Paul Gomez's videos for inspiration...his videos drastically improved my shooting and knowledge.

If you do the vid with a rifle you can add sight offset to that list. Most modern self-defense rifles have a pretty high one.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, I promise I will be getting to these videos fairly soon. Might be another month or so. Too many irons in the fire at the moment. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2015
    Ladies and Gentlemen...please note, don't take all my videos seriously. Most are my frail attempts at humor at best. I'll attempt to help were I can, and how I can. If you have any requests, please let me know. I will be more than happy to accommodate in any manner that I can.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2015
    I also wanted to add, please emphasize in your videos the importance of indexing your trigger finger. I still see too many people with a finger in the damn trigger guard at ranges.

This is a great point. I will start addressing this in my videos too. I like where your head is with this. Sometimes I look over the smaller things, and just "assume." We all know what assumptions are good for too :-).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2015
    I would like more training on shooting with both eyes open to stop my dominate right eye shooting. I feel it leaves my left side blind sided.

I would recommend getting your pistol out a few nights a week (making sure it's unloaded), and dry firing it while keeping both eyes open. This is a great way to train on the cheap, and will help make the process a little smoother for you.

Top Bottom