• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan-O

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    San Antonio
    It seems I only hear/read about training courses available in other states other than Texas (other than CHL and basic training). Has anyone attended or know about good courses available within a few hours from San Antonio? I'd hate to have to travel to Tennessee, Nevada, Arizona, etc. just to find a course. Thx
    Lynx Defense

Dan-O

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    San Antonio
    Yes. Very safe, thorough, and professional. Good facility. Comfortable atmosphere. Excellent value. Highly recommended.

I just noticed the prerequisites for their Defensive Pistol (1-2-3) are their basic pistol courses. I wish there was a less time and monetary consuming method of judging someone's current skill level so that they can be placed in the appropriate level class instead of having EVERYONE take the basic courses. This is also true for many of the out of state courses I have found. Rant Off :)

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Green Eye Tactical.

I travel up to Cresson to train with Eric a couple times a year. Always come home with specific tasks to focus on. PM me if you have specific questions.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Dan-O,

Let’s have coffee the next time you’re in the main office.

I’ve got a couple ideas for you, but want to make sure I understand what you’re looking for.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I just noticed the prerequisites for their Defensive Pistol (1-2-3) are their basic pistol courses. I wish there was a less time and monetary consuming method of judging someone's current skill level so that they can be placed in the appropriate level class instead of having EVERYONE take the basic courses. This is also true for many of the out of state courses I have found. Rant Off :)
    Call Karl and ask. Perhaps your experience counts.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013

I’ve been shooting a long time. I’ve had a fair amount of training. I have never failed to learn something from even the most basic/fundamental classes.

There are very few people who can’t use a solid fundamentals refresher. Food for thought.

Dan-O

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    San Antonio
    I’ve been shooting a long time. I’ve had a fair amount of training. I have never failed to learn something from even the most basic/fundamental classes.

There are very few people who can’t use a solid fundamentals refresher. Food for thought.

I have to agree...I'm sure i have developed some bad habits I may need to identify and get rid of. Thanks!

Top Bottom