• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "Top 10 Handguns ... that changed the world"

They don't mention the Glock 17 which has changed the handgun more than 90% of those on that list. How many millions of striker fired, polymer framed pistols are there in the hands of law enforcement and gun owners across the world?

That list smells of a 50+ year old writing solely what he chooses to believe rather than what actually is.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas

They don't mention the Glock 17 which has changed the handgun more than 90% of those on that list. How many millions of striker fired, polymer framed pistols are there in the hands of law enforcement and gun owners across the world?

That list smells of a 50+ year old writing solely what he chooses to believe rather than what actually is.

That link is not the article that was in the magazine. That list is just one of the editors that participated. Here is the link to the main article.

AmericanRifleman.org - American Rifleman?s Top 10 Handguns

It lists the G17 at number 3.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Yep +1

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Hmmmm, top 10 ? They are all good in the eye of the beholder, John M. Browning's Model 1911 fits my hand and fills the bill here, but.....

Dang, if the Krauts when they produced the P38 and dropped the Luger would have made the P38 in .45 ACP rather than 9mm parabellum.....What a pistol that would be.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston

Not a fan of the Blocks, but I definately admit the G17 should be up there. Truly a trendsetter.

Give me a 1911 anyday!!!!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think the 1911 is in the proper place as far as top ten simply based on longevity and popularity. But top ten that "changed the world" the wheel lock was the first handgun that could be carried loaded and cocked as a defensive firearm. The wheel lock was also the key point to the first recordable gun control laws, so I think that it should get number 1. Fallowed by the first self contained cartridge revolver in number 2. The Glock 17 as a solid number 3, because it in my opinion was the last big firearms revelation that changed things in the world of not only fighting handguns but in all handguns plinkers included.

Top Bottom